LegacyGT.com

Drive my new wagon gt wagon today and it died on highway

Picked up my car today. Drove fine for 100 miles. Love the vehicle!!

Then the car was going 75, no issues....then it wouldn't go past 60, and I pull over and hear this terrible clanking noise, serpentine belt is fine....and now car dies as soon as I put into drive??

:mad:

Ever drive a car that is well known across the forum for serious turbo failures?

im guessing i just did?:confused:

this sucks, i love the car...:wub:

i know cars pretty good, but this is the first turbo car ive ever owned, ive put turbos on a few cars, but they were hondas, and the engine was 100 times easier to work on. i have it a car place my in laws have used for years, if they cant fix it, its getting towed to subaru:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Your local guy should be able to handle the engine rebuild if you can't.

I used to be a Honda guy too. These are easy to work on once you learn how.

Here's my rebuild thread, it may help give you a idea what your in for.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

My turbo didn't blow, I replaced it at 142,000 miles when it whistled under boost. Did the short block at 154,000 miles because of oil usage.

I see your other post, take it back to the place you got it from.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Your local guy should be able to handle the engine rebuild if you can't.

I used to be a Honda guy too. These are easy to work on once you learn how.

Here's my rebuild thread, it may help give you a idea what your in for.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

My turbo didn't blow, I replaced it at 142,000 miles when it whistled under boost. Did the short block at 154,000 miles because of oil usage.

I see your other post, take it back to the place you got it from.

thank you bro

1. Bring car back to place where it was purchased from

2. Start searching and documenting engine failures due to turbo failures.

3. When dealer calls you and says they replaced the turbo and flushd oil cooler its all set, you can tell them to replace the short block due to turbo bearing peices going through the whole engine

4. call lawyer if they wont fix it right or give you your money back

Sorry to be so direct, but thats it in a nutshell..

Welcome to forum, you will love the car as long as its fixed RIGHT!

• Moderators
1. Bring car back to place where it was purchased from

2. Start searching and documenting engine failures due to turbo failures. for a new car

3. When dealer calls you and says they replaced the turbo and flushd oil cooler its all set, you can tell them to replace the short block due to turbo bearing peices going through the whole engine pretend you have no idea who they are or why they are calling you

4. call lawyer if they wont fix it right or give you your money back

Sorry to be so direct, but thats it in a nutshell..Find a new car to buy

Welcome to forum, you will love the car as long as its fixed RIGHT!

ftfy.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Just got some info, something in valve train came apart and went Into engine.....

I need a whole new engine....

Best part is car dealer is paying for it....they already are having it towed to subaru for engine replacement. It's a rebuilt engine but comes with a 3yr/36 k warranty.....so I kinda win in the deal, Just miss my baby....I'm going to buy a Catless up pipe and have subaru install it while they are putting in the engine...

Archived