LegacyGT.com

06 LGT P0302 low/high idle rpm. Chugging up hills.

Hello forum!

My legacy Gt has been acting up lately.

I noticed in the mornings my idle rpm is around 1.5+K

When the engine is warm it drops below 500 rpm and sounds like ti wants to stall.

Yesterday the check engine flashed while going up a hill so immediately stopped at an Autozone to get the code read. (p0302)

This morning I replaced the sparks plugs with SILFR6A and no luck. There was no oil around them either.

My question is what should I go through next?

Only "mod" I have is a K&N drop in filter and snorkel delete.

Was thinking to clean the MAF how should I go about doing that I know they are sensitive?

My battery is also OEM and might need to be replaced should that be causes any issues?

Also when I press the gas @ idle it seems to hesitate before getting power.

Thanks for reading and hopefully I can figure this out!

[here's some pics of the idle rpms]

http://i39.tinypic.com/2hp3vqr.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/30ddqon.jpg

Ok thanks JMP I'll check that out.

Just a little update on my situation.

I cleaned the MAF sensor, it was pretty black on one side.

I also popped the tmic off and took a look down the throttle body hose and it was caked with sludge.

Don't know what that substance is but I cleaned it out.

Hooked the battery back up let it idle for 5 minutes and drove it down the street.

So far it hasn't dipped below 500 rpm and sits at around 800-900 and no check engine. Is this a normal idle?

While I had the tmic off i noticed a 1/2 gaping hole in the turbo inlet hose where it actually meets the turbo. Seems like it melted around where the clamp was and created a hole.

Would this be affecting my misfires and crappy idle?

Also what turbo inlet hose would you recommend getting? Try to find a OEM or buy an Avo or Perrin?

Thanks for reading!

Aftermarket turbo inlet hose will be a much more durable piece but they are a pain to put in. I have Perrin and have had good success with it. That hole can DEFINITELY cause you some driveability issues as it's a post MAF leak so the ECM is not reading anything near what it should be reading.

800-900 rpm is perfect idle speed and if it's smooth, then you should be good.

Alright so I have an update.

I finally got the Perrin Inlet installed (what a nightmare that is).

The car idles a lot better now and has more power.

The problem still persists when I go up hills though. Check Engine flashes for like 3 seconds and goes away.

What should be the next step? The front o2 sensor? Where is that located? And if you could recommend one that is compatible (there's so many I don't know which one)

P0302 - Cylinder 2 misfire detected.

IMO burnt exhaust valve in #2 cylinder.

Have a compression test done, and a leak down test if needed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys just an update.

After replacing the coil packs, injectors, o2 sensor and plugs still having the issue on cylinder 2.

I just did a compression test tonight and results are 1- 130/ 2-130 /3-135 /4-132. This seems OK to me, is it?

Some other things to note it has the perrin inlet and a k&n should it be tuned? i really want to bring it to a tuner so i can see whats going on.

Another suggestions? I'm learning a lot about this car so keep em coming haha. thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived