LegacyGT.com

Need advice on what to price my 63k mile short block

I am going to list my 2005 LGT short block (EJ255/EJ257) after next weekend. I'm not sure what to value it at exactly and want to make the FS thread right. I have seen some list for $500 or even $600 + shipping, others list for $300 plus shipping. My thinking is about $550 shipped with all listed below, and I'm pretty sure shipping will eat up a big chunk. Would I be reasonable with this price?

It has 63k miles on the clock. Pistons will not be included since #2 and #4 pistons have broken ringlands. I will make sure to properly bubble wrap the rods, and everything else that goes with a basic shortblock will be included. It was never split. I also have a new oil pump and gates timing kit coming so the oil pump, water pump, timing components, and belt will be included. All have 63k miles. Cylinder walls will need rehoning, possibly a slight bore too. The motor ran smooth, compression was very good considering that #2 and #4 had bad ring lands (140 psi for #1 and #3, about 132 psi for #2 and #4). I have owned the car for 8 months and only put 3k miles on it. The car it is coming off of is stock, and I can only guarantee the last 3k miles were stock.

Any input on whether $550 shipped is a fair list price? I will also make sure to have plenty of pics of the cylinder walls, engine, etc.

put something up and see if it sticks, if not adjust the price accordingly to where it will be more attractive for people to buy. I think your price is in the ball park considering the mileage, and what does not seem to be a catastrophic ringland failure with the compression numbers. If you were local i would almost consider this but i cant afford the shipping. GLWS when you post it, be sure to have all the information and pictures posted.

Archived