LegacyGT.com

Need help deciding on an 07' legacy spec. b

So I am in the market for a new or newer car. I've been driving a 95 jeep for 8 years and I took a liking to the legacy's. I'm looking at used 07 Legacy gt spec. b's as i like all the options it comes with. Not too hot on the blue seat inserts but whatever. I am choosing between the 07' spec b, or 2004-2006 bmw 325xi, or maybe 2005-2006 audi a4's .. all are roughly $25-28 grand in my area except the subaru is an 07 with around 5k miles (basically a new car) and the beemer and audis have around 30-40k miles and are older. I ski alot so AWD is a must...i like luxary as well as speed and i just wanted to see opinions of the car or if anyone had any input. Also i am not opposed to the 2.5 gt's or the 3.0 r i just likes the spec b for the added features, 6 speed manual, better shocks and wheels and standard navi. Are there big differences between them?

Thanks

Steve

yea i know i'm going to test drive them. my only beef with the bmw and audi is that they are older and have more miles. and once the warrenty is up i will have to pay alot more for repairs..oh and one last thing does the spec b NEED premium fuel i know it says that but will it not run properly on regular or special?

All the LGT's to include the Spec B require AT LEAST 91 octane. So yea, premium all the way unless your area has mid grade thats 91 octane.

As for the which car to get... I'd say without a doubt the Spec B. Just for the fact its going to cost much less IF you have to repair it, and honestly... I think that this forum is the absolute best one I've ever found for any car. If you do have problems, or you want to upgrade/mod... This forum will be able to tell you anything you can possibly want to know about your car, no doubt. If your into modding the car at all... The Spec B is also going to be easier and funner to mod (IMO - In My Opinion).

But its all about your comforts and wants/needs. There are just a LOT of extra bonuses with getting the Spec B ;)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

yea i mean im gunna try them both...i think the legacy is pretty sweet from the looks of it but imo you cant beat an 06 black 325 bmw in looks and interior luxury...ive gone from an 89 mustang 5.0 which was a powerhouse to a slow annoying jeep so i guess i just have to test the waters..my only problem is do i wana say i drive a subaru or say i drive a beemer for a little more money

lol... I hear ya mate. While a beemer is tempting, its def your call. I'd still stick with the Subie though, for longevity and get up and go. Its cheaper in the long run to maintain, and its a good car. I could never bite the bullet to repair a BMW or Audi... Those things cost an arm and a leg. lol But thats me ;)
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

I replaced my Audi (95 A6, bought new) with my 07 Sec B (bought with 6000 miles). The Audi repair costs were ridiculous, and that was from a very competent and reasonable independent mechanic.

Why would you even consider the BMW or Audi? The subaru has few miles, more power, and better options.

I just don't understand people.

When I was looking for my car the only BMW I was considering was a used M3. Audi was out of the question because the only one I'd be happy with (well, at the time) was an RS4... nearly 3x the price. The only real competitor was a G35 and once again we run into less power, fewer options, and a bigger price tag.

lol

Archived