LegacyGT.com

Valeo Wipers

jc51373

So I basically have completely HAD IT with the stock wipers, noise, smearing etc...I know they are covered under warranty, but they suck IMO, so who cares. Where I live wipers are more important than any other time of the year, so I decided to replace them.

I looked into the PIAA's and the Valeo. Bosch etc...I liked the look and design of the Valeos so I looked around to find them at the right price. Finally found them on Amazon for $18.99 (passenger-side) and $19.99 (driver-side) from Amazon with free (Super-Saver) shipping. I know it is still pricey, but they were cheaper than anywhere else on the web or dealers.

Arrived tonight, took about a week, just installed them in less than 2 minutes. These things are saaaweet. Awesome design, low-profile, look-PISSA, and work unbelievably well. I am very detail-oriented, and these meet, even exceed, all my expectations.

If you are not a fan of the stock wipers, definately consider these blades..They are very well made, and although I can't speak for the long-term life yet, they look like they are high-quality and durable.

I know it is a piddly little mod, but I hope this helps anyone considering new blades.

Those look nice, a little bulkier in the middle than the Valeos...But it could be the picture.

Were they cheaper? How much in $$$?? I hope so, because the Valeos are expensive for wipers. But they are nice.

The design of the spring loaded wipers is very cool, innovative.

I bought Bosch Icons locally, which I love. They were about $20 and $18. They are very similiar in design to the valeos. The Trico Reflexes aren't quite as nice, I had a set for a short time. The bosch and valeo's both have an wing type design to hold them against the windsheild at speed.

i use PIAA super silicone wipers and i am never going back to any other blade and if you buy them you can get a free LED key chain flashlight

http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/WiperBlades.html

Yeah the PIAAs are supposed to be good. But that whole silicone thing turned me off. I don't want to have to apply some goo to my windshield...I actually hate that effect of the water beading up on the windshield...Other windows its great.

Alos the look of the Valeos is totally sleek and space age looking, super low profile. The PIAAs look alot like stock. But as long as they work better that is really all that matters in the end.

I can honestly say, I will never go back to anything other than Valeo...I am ordering some for my Honda as well.

we have valeo wipers on our montego i too love the way that they look and that they dont have an external frame they are alright but i like the piaa's better and you only put the wipe on for the inital silicone layer the blades are impregnated with it and continually put silicone down on the windshield funny thing is i use the wipers less than the stock ones i hardly ever turn them on the water just blows off

The goo that comes with the PIAA's is basicly Rain-X. They give you that to get the Rain-X Effect imediatly, before a layer of silicone has been laid down.

I skipped that goo and just let the wipers run dry for about 5 min after I cleaned teh windshield real good. Works like a charm.

The wipers aren't impregnated with silicone....they are made of silicone. Silicone is soft and as the wipers wear, they leave a layer of themselves on the glass. Bugs and dirts don't stick to it nor does water.

If someone makes a Valeo style wiper out of silicone....I'd be all over that like a Fat kid on cake

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

One complaint with the bosch ones, is it seems that the blades need to be cleaned now and then and not just the windshield itself.

Whenever you wash the winshield at the gas station, or anywhere, you should also give the wipers a wipe.....goes for all wipers of all kinds. Dirt isn't going to magicly dissappear.....

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

nice find, they look great. i haven't got my legacy yet ( two weeks away )

which valeo blades fit the legacy? i assume you're talking about these Ultimate Series ones but which size?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CDADO8/qid=1136981019/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-3997496-6247965?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=15684181

Valeo 900-24-1B Ultimate Wiper Blade - 24"

nice find, they look great. i haven't got my legacy yet ( two weeks away )

which valeo blades fit the legacy? i assume you're talking about these Ultimate Series ones but which size?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CDADO8/qid=1136981019/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-3997496-6247965?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=15684181

Valeo 900-24-1B Ultimate Wiper Blade - 24"

You would need one 24" and one 18" for the front. I didn't do that back with Valeo, no need, but I think that is a 14".

It rained here today, and I have to say these things are absolutely awesome. They clear the windshield so well it is like there is nothing there. I love em. Can't say enough good about em, worth every penny.

You would need one 24" and one 18" for the front. I didn't do that back with Valeo, no need, but I think that is a 14".

It rained here today, and I have to say these things are absolutely awesome. They clear the windshield so well it is like there is nothing there. I love em. Can't say enough good about em, worth every penny.

thanks mate!

There was another thread about these and how great they were and the Valeo site claims that these are the wiper blades of the future and that high end manufacturers are using them... Well, I just got back from Vegas and in the Caeasar's Palace, there's a shop with all kinds of exotics, including a brand new green lamborghini gallardo. For some reason I looked at the wiper blades - and yup, they're Valeo Ultimates. I'm ordering my pair through amazon.com as we speak!

Correction: It was a Murcielago Roadster in Verde Ithaca.... I'm not quite sure how I made that mistake - brain fart.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/bollocks666/DSCN0539.jpg

guys i couldn't find these in australia and amazon won't delivery these outside the usa :(

but i did find some out of hong kong but they can only supply one 18" and one 23" ( no 24" )

will the 23" suffice? will it just be a bit less coverage on the windshield?

• 2 weeks later...

After living a week with the PIAA Silicone blades I must say they are simply amazing!! They perform as advertised... water washes right off the windshield and when the wipers are on they clear the glass completely.

This is NOT like Rain-X or other coatings -- the blades really have excellent traction on the glass. With Rain-X, my blades always skittered over the surface of the glass leaving a lot of water to black the view, plus it turned the windshield into a mirror at night.

Definitley worth the cost of admission!!

Archived