LegacyGT.com

speakers need help

socallegacy

well im going to install some new door speakers in the next week or 2. my question is what is a good set. i dont have alote of $. i need some to keep up with what i all ready have

memphis audio mclass 4x50

memphis audio mclass 1100x1

memphis audio m3 12s x2

with alpine head unite

I owned that set.. they were nice.. I'd still recommend the HD line.. it is a night and day difference. Don't forget to buy a pack of sound deadener for the doors.. that will also drastically improve the sound of the new drivers

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

thats good to now that polk wear out fast.

where do you get sound deadener. and thanks for the help. the only problem with the HD line is my amp wont give the power the need. the max my amp will put out is 100x2 but i would like to run all 4 ch to all the speakers

Bridge the amp for the front for 100x2 rms and run the rears off your headunit.. they are only for rearfill.. i have mine disconnected all together.. the only purpose of them is for passengers in the back and it would not likely be loud enough even on 50rms with subs directly behind them

100rms on the HD set is plenty.. if you want to upgrade later you could

matter of fact here is a very good deal on some eD amps.. i ran these before and they were great

nine.2x .. 200rmsx2 @ 4 ohm

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_22&products_id=47

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

Two words: Sound Deadener.

The legacy door is the worst I have ever worked on acoustically. (I've done my old 07 and my 08). You need a lot of deadener to make the doors work well. I used edead, because it was cheap.

It's also crap

Gotta say I second this. After 7 layers of the eDead v2 in the bottom half of the doors, 3 layers elsewhere and another 3 on the inside of the plastic panel, I still have rattles and excessive vibration. It's super thin and doesn't stick very well. Gladly send you an entire roll I plan to throw out.

I plan to re-do my doors with Cascade or Dynamat Xtreme.

Archived