LegacyGT.com

Considering getting a GT limited

Hello, I just joined the forums today. I'm asking this knowing that I will recieve some biasis responses. I'm considering trading in my Scion xB and my S2000 for a Legacy GT. I would like to hear some opinions on wether or not I would be happy with this choice. Thank you very much.

Avoid it all costs dude. I have an 05 LGT MT5 Limited and it is a horrible driving experience. I would get rid of it in a heartbeat if it weren't for the following obstacles:

The first thing that i noticed was an unnatural soreness in the facial area, particularly my cheeks and jaw muscles. Good thing i got my teeth whitened prior to my purchase.

Everytime i am driving the car, all i can think about is how dangerous it is to break loose all four wheels when cornering. Everytime i do it i think to myself how childish and borderline reckless I am being by exaspirating my AWD in this way.

The horsepower and torque is ricockulous. It makes for an unbelievable drive. If i could walk to work from my house, i would either change jobs or move.

And finally, my girlfriend is so tired of hearing me make comments in regards to how my emotional status while driving this car. It has made me a much more emotionally expressive man and that is something no woman wants from her man.

With that said, if these types of obstacles do not bother you, then by all means, get one!

But if i were to be biased:

Best car buying decision I have ever made. If i could afford two, I would get the wagon version just for the additional cargo space and roof rack.

*EDIT* Oh yeah... btw, welcome to the board... :)

Reade

I traded in my 2000 Celica GT-S, and 2002 S2000 for an LGT Lmt. There are times when I see another Spa Yellow s2k that I miss the old machine, but when I hop in the LGT and step on the gas. I don't miss it so much anymore.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

I wish i got an S2000 instead of my GT wagon.

Keep the s2000 and scion.

Jason

Jason is a 15 year old girl whose Dad will not let her drive the GT Wagon... dont listen to her.

:lol:

Just playing... and if that is how you really feel, damn dude, i am sorry.

Reade

If you will use the vehicle for long distance commutes get the LGT, if you are a backroad racer stick with the S2K. In terms of features and amenities the Legacy blows away the S2000 in everything but the handy dandy "engine start" button. I was going to buy an S2000 but alas in Ohio weather it would not be practical and it did not suit my personality. I also drive distances and cruising at 7K is not an ideal situation for me. What year is your S2000? you have the original 9K redline or the newer one with more torque?

I do enjoy driving, be it cruising along scenic backroads or just on the highway. I have a 2003 which is the last year for the 9K redline. I'm not into racing at all, people always try to compete with me when I'm in the S2000 and even when I'm in the Scion, it actually annoys me a bit.

i chose the LGT over an Audi TT convertible... so i know what ur giving up...

lgt blows s2000 and the scion away in every catagory... im still in school so it makes no sense for me to have a two seater, and if u want/neeed to have a sports car/ 2 seater but u also need a bigger (4 seater) car than it would be better to ditch both and get the lgt which is the best of all worlds, instead of having a cool 2 seater and a somewhat okay 4 seater, get a knock out sports sedan that everyone drives by u with oopened mouths and pointing fingers

sry for the typos im tired, going to bed, welcome

-pze, alex

432 miles and still lovving it

The hardest part will be trying to convince my wife it's a good idea.

will it help if you tell her that... she can use half of the money saved from payments and insurances to buy more shoes (and you can spend the rest on mods, but don't tell her)? :D

This Space For Rent

"I've had a couple Subies before '02 WRX and an '04 Sti and I just love Subies for some reason."

That's all the reason you need. I traded my '04 STI in on a friggin' wagon and I'm very happy with the move.

It took me a long time to pull the trigger, and I'm still half listening for creaks and rattles out of habit (eventhough there are none), however the refinement is going a long way to me enjoying my commute a whole bunch more.

There are many good reasons behind what people have been saying. Right now my wife does not like the idea. She is stuck on 'branding' she feels that BMW, Audi, or Mercedes are better, and of course she doesn't no anything about cars, but the name. It's a hard idea to push to her.

There are many good reasons behind what people have been saying. Right now my wife does not like the idea. She is stuck on 'branding' she feels that BMW, Audi, or Mercedes are better, and of course she doesn't no anything about cars, but the name. It's a hard idea to push to her.

MJPulliam's Wife here...and I have to say that this is our 3rd Subaru and this one is THE best. I have never felt more safe in a vehicle. I drove my sister-in-laws brand new BMW 325i and was not impressed. Why would your wife want what every one else is driving? I love when people try to figure out what kind of car it is (MJP de-badged the car) I pass at least 20 325i's everyday...don't follow the crowd, be the leader, and this car has the power to lead.

Yea I know that 325s are a dime a dozen and I hate the 'snooty' nature which some BMW drivers have. I'm planning on going out tomorrow to take out out for a drive. I figure that I will like it better then my previous Subarus. My WRX was a great car, sometimes the turbo lag was annoying though. The STi hurt my back so bad that I sold it after two weeks. Fortunatly I've heard that the Legacy doesn't have the rattleing and sweaking problems. I also like the more concervative look, the STi was a little too much 'street racer' for me.

I am buying a black LGT this week. My wife was much like yours- she was very branded.

She vetoed my original STI proposal due to it being a "street boy racer" car- and too juvenile (I am 34 with 3 kids). I did a ton of research from BMW to Audi to Acura and everything I could find between 25 and 35k. the closest thing was the Acura TL, and it was FWD, and actually had LESS safety features, and performance.

The way I sold it was with 'car of the year honors' 'safety' 'its still sporty' and 'befitting our station in life (i.e. mature but not dead). The car can be practical and fit 5 people (3 have to be close friends).

I have already ordered the AVO panel filter and the Cobb access port as well- which should put the car pretty close to 290hp and 300 ft/lbs of torque.

The car is fast, sticky and very 'expandable'. I see 1-2 a week- so we aren't the 'common car' (and one of them is a white one in my neighborhood).

From what I have seen/read the Subaru owners are very loyal, and actually very educated (I will lower the average somewhat :D ). These cars have the features of $35-45k BMW's/Audi's/Volvos/Acuras for $29k.

Sorry for the long rant- I am excited about getting my car (maybe today if they can find it!)

Jeff

Hello, I just joined the forums today. I'm asking this knowing that I will recieve some biasis responses. I'm considering trading in my Scion xB and my S2000 for a Legacy GT. I would like to hear some opinions on wether or not I would be happy with this choice. Thank you very much.

So, what about the S2000 and Scion xB combination isn't working for you and what do you hope to get from the Legacy GT?

You mentioned not wanting to attract attention, that you don't race and enjoy the twisties.

So far, it's sounding like a good match to me. The LGT is quiet and composed on the freeway, but still tons of fun on the backroads.

Ken

OMG I JUS TTYPED THIS HUGE LONG THING AND HIT THE NEXT THREAD BUTTON AND IT WAS ALL DELETED NO1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH I HATE COMPUTERS@@@@!!

OK SO TO SUMMARIZE!!!

ur wife is stuck on badging, confusing when u own a scion.... ?? also that s2000 isnt the most exspensive sports car on the road.... im not trying to sound stuckup or ignorant by any means, ide take either car.... but it would make sense for her from wat u are saying about her point of veiw, to get rid of the scion at least... get rid of both, buy the lgt, and then buy an old old vette t top or somthing for her and fix it up hahaha.... anyways not my intent to sound stuck up sry if i did... my dad couldnt get over the brand name of the VW toureg so he bought hte porsche cayenne s but thats not the point....

i was nervous too at first but really NO ONE know what this car is, its amazing... im still debating whether or no to debadge

-alex

So, what about the S2000 and Scion xB combination isn't working for you and what do you hope to get from the Legacy GT?

You mentioned not wanting to attract attention, that you don't race and enjoy the twisties.

So far, it's sounding like a good match to me. The LGT is quiet and composed on the freeway, but still tons of fun on the backroads.

Ken

I would like to have a decent combination of both cars; therefore, lowering my expenses. I think the Legacy would offer the comfort and usefulness of the Scion with the excitment of the S2000.

also, u listed the 325i and stuff... the A4 and 325 dont match it in any catagory other than brand name and badging.... the legacy is so comfortable, best controls, i hate the bmw and audi controls!! eh there such junk!! i test drove both and there was an obvious lack of power and the inside... liek the a4's cuop holders where complete SHIT and they were in the middle of everything... it just seemed so stupid... sorry if this doenst help

ur wife is stuck on badging, confusing when u own a scion.... ??

-alex

I don't think I understand fully what you are trying to say. I bought the Scion because it was comfortable, offered space, and got good gas mileage and wasn't very common at the time. I also only had my S2000 at that point and we needed two cars because we were about to move to a new house.

also, u listed the 325i and stuff... the A4 and 325 dont match it in any catagory other than brand name and badging.... the legacy is so comfortable, best controls, i hate the bmw and audi controls!! eh there such junk!! i test drove both and there was an obvious lack of power and the inside... liek the a4's cuop holders where complete SHIT and they were in the middle of everything... it just seemed so stupid... sorry if this doenst help

I personally like both Audi's and BMW's, I just feel that in that price point the Legacy is the clear winner and that is what I'm trying to convince my wife about. My mother owns an Audi S4 and my Father a BMW M3 and they are both great cars. I need to figure out a time to take her to go have a look at it in person.

Archived