LegacyGT.com

Easiest way to get a little extra kick...

So whats the easiest way to get a little more punch out of a 2.5i engine? After switching from the 99 forester, the 08 outback, with the 2.5 seemed a little slower. I found out that peak torque is at 4400rpm, which may have an effect on it. So when i pick up my 09 legacy, i might want to get a little more get up and go out of it, but dont want to hurt the fuel economy, since the outback gets about 27/33 with the 5 speed. The legacy will be the pzev cuz i'm from CT, but maybe an intake or something that will help it breath/even better fuel economy/maybe some more punch. Any suggestions as far as this goes would be great, but if i'm going to give up fuel economy then i might just forget about it.

Haha, yeah i probably will stay stock since this purchase is going to tap me out ($$). Might just get some good electronics for the long trips (AC adapters, GPS systems, various long distance accessories) but thats probably it. If i can i might do an intake, just to let her breath a bit more, but like i said if its going to cut my MPG, no thanks.

Man, don't listen to the naysayers, our 2.5i's CAN be modded. It's all a matter of how far you want to go, and how much youre willing to put into a car that isn't going to be blowing the doors off anybody.

One problem you have though is the PZEV engine. I don't think any headers will work for you, and I don't know about the air intake also on the PZEV. Might be the same, if you could take a picture under the hood and show us we could tell.

Those likely arent going to gain you any major increase in power anyways, so the best way to upgrade our cars is by going more traditional routes. Upgrading the tires is a big help, and our suspensions are set up the same as the GT, so any suspension upgrades for a GT will fit on the 2.5i (except the front swaybar, which is available aftermarket for the 2.5i anyways).

Also, is your 2.5i a 5 speed? If so, you could upgrade the flywheel/clutch, and get a short throw shifter as well.

Having all wheel drive helps the 2.5i out at a dead stop. no tire spin = faster takeoff than your average Civic. So its quicker than youd think. Of course, the LGT is the performance car. But the 2.5i handles itself with other NA vehicles on the road.

I plan on staying mostly stock, but was interested in a few little changes, like maybe intake and different filters and such. Just higher quality products that allow a little more MPG and HP.

panel filter and not goosing it :lol:

I cant talk i order parts for a custom exhaut:redface:

I disagree with your asessments good sirs :p

Had I stayed totally stock, I would be kind of depressed right now. That's the opposite of being happy!

When I say stay stock, stay happy, the exceptions would be removing cats and changing suspension. Mainly, just don't try to push the car beyond its limits. ;)

I know from experience that there is a certain limit to modding beyond your knowledge and the physics of the car.

When I say stay stock, stay happy, the exceptions would be removing cats and changing suspension. Mainly, just don't try to push the car beyond its limits. ;)

I know from experience that there is a certain limit to modding beyond your knowledge and the physics of the car.

NO WAY YOURE IN ROANOKE :rolleyes:!!!!! I live in Cave Spring SW Roanoke area at the Summit !!! I could use youre knowledge with my custom exhaust get at me

^ Yep, I live in Salem. As for custom exhaust, try Perfections Muffler on Peter's Creek. They do custom work. I think the last time I went down there and asked for a custom y pipe, they quoted me like $270.

By the way, you should come over to flat4va.com.

Its a forum with a bunch of Subaru enthusiasts in the area. We are actually having a meet on March, 8th at 2 PM at the Tanglewood Mall parking lot.

Here is a link to the meet thread.

http://forum.flat4va.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=417

just dropped on rallitek springs, and although not anymore HP, it certainly burns up the back road corners! i left some jerk in an eclipse the other day just "carvin"! certainly a better feel! not too hard on the pocket either! suspension mods fo sho!

Archived