LegacyGT.com

73mm bore and 73.1mm hubrings?

SpecBamf41

they just rounded out the decimals..and machining error would be more than 0.1mm

A machining error of .1mm is actually really poor, especially on rotating parts. A "typical" lathe is usually good to about .003mm-.004mm. Press-fit components usually have a difference of about .02mm or closer; something about .1mm wouldn't fit at all. Of course, this wouldn't matter if the material is so malleable you can make it fit(in which case I'd assume it wouldn't do it's job too well).

• Moderators
A machining error of .1mm is actually really poor, especially on rotating parts. A "typical" lathe is usually good to about .003mm-.004mm. Press-fit components usually have a difference of about .02mm or closer; something about .1mm wouldn't fit at all.

:yeahthat:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I don't think you get what I was saying; I never said it spins independently of anything else, I'm just saying it's a part that is spun or rotated at high rpm(it's spinning at the same rate as the hub/wheel); and parts like that are usually manufactured with machinery that hold much tighter tolerances than 0.1mm.

Archived