LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Odometer reads 198,xxx but my speedo only works about 50-60% of the time. So it's estimated to be between 225,xxx and 235,xxx. Speaking of that, has anyone else noticed intermitant speedo problems? All other guages, tach, lights etc work fine, the speedo just seems to come and go when it wants.

I've got 107K on my 97 GT.

Just thought I'd add this story in here..

I went to Napa the other day and i was wearing my subaru shirt for work and she tells me shes got a 99 Leggy GT and she HATES it because the dealer didnt even look over the car and it needed so much work.

She bought it for 9,000...after taxes and all that it came to almost 14,000..

the car had 250K on it..+ all the work that it needed thousands of dollars later

SUCH A BAD DEAL!

My 97' has 141k. The PO said the swapped engine has 30k less than that. Having no way to tell, I just assume that it has 141k... Runs strong and get's between 25-30mpg. That all depends on if I have my snow tires on and the differences between the summer and winter fuels.

• 2 weeks later...
It's winter so gas mileage should be expected to be lower. I'm getting about 20 mpg and I do about 80% city. During the summer, driving the same routes, I get 23-25 mpg. And straight highway I get about 28 mpg.

Well, that's about what they are rated 22/28. Mine has been much less, more like 17/23 at best. During the snow it was down to 9-10mpg. I've already posted about this, especially after being shocked by it back in December. Still no answers, although I'm going to check the exhaust system & cat. conv., after that the only thing is to consider pulling the motor apart, or just selling the car for a better mpg car.

I've got 107K on my 97 GT.

Just thought I'd add this story in here..

I went to Napa the other day and i was wearing my subaru shirt for work and she tells me shes got a 99 Leggy GT and she HATES it because the dealer didnt even look over the car and it needed so much work.

She bought it for 9,000...after taxes and all that it came to almost 14,000..

the car had 250K on it..+ all the work that it needed thousands of dollars later

SUCH A BAD DEAL!

Damn...she got screwed/ripped off. I think the 99 LGT only book for around $6000 with around 100k-150k miles. OBs do get a little more due to demand, but not much.

My gas mileage drops really bad when there is snow. I had basically no snow in North Idaho this year so my gas mileage has been better. When there is snow I get terrible gas mileage because I thoroughly enjoy making the AWD kick in all the time lol

What I don't understand is how you guys get such bad gas mileage regularly. That coufuses me because I don't drive slow, I'm pretty hard on the gas and I get better mileage. Well last year I actually did a test... I drove modestly with one tank of gas then aggressively (how I usually drive) with another tank. I actually got better mileage driving aggressively. I was pretty surprised. Needless to say I don't drive modestly haha and I did that test during the summer and I don't use A/C often because I like having the windows down and sunroof open.

That girl must not have known anything about cars. That poor thing lost her a** on that car.

Edited by 98LGTLover

99 Legacy L 2.2l 5 spd- 222,387 miles; Original motor, 2nd clutch- MOBIL 1 only since 7500 miles.

General Altimax Artic Snows (no studs) & got 32MPG Hwy first week of January '10- Poconos to Gettysburg, PA & back.

Regularly gets 25-27 on 80 Mi daily commute @ 65-70 MPH.

NOW 229K miles

I was getting in the 20-22mpg range before replacing the front O2 sensor last year and switching from Bosch Platinum2 plugs to E3's in DEC '09. Massive jump in mileage and intermittent CHECK ENGINE light has gone out completely!

Edited by 30legacyl
update

In his profile it says "1997 AUDM Liberty w/ EZ30R"

EZ30R = H6 engine out of '05+ outback. It is a dual cam H6 putting out 250HP / 219TQ with a 10.7:1 compression ratio.

I really want to swap one into my car.

Blaeven, do you have a build thread? any more info on this? I'd love to see some pics/build log/etc.

In his profile it says "1997 AUDM Liberty w/ EZ30R"

EZ30R = H6 engine out of '05+ outback. It is a dual cam H6 putting out 250HP / 219TQ with a 10.7:1 compression ratio.

I really want to swap one into my car.

Blaeven, do you have a build thread? any more info on this? I'd love to see some pics/build log/etc.

mine is making closer to 280HP and 260TQ... ;)

ermm.... build thread is on another forum and about 30 pages long...

i have an intro thread here and can post up more pics from the conversion if you'd like... :D

edit: it's 35 pages long... can be found here

a lot of insults were thrown around, and i was called a lot of names... but at the end of the day, i did the conversion (albeit now being in $20,000 debt :D )

Edited by Blaeven