LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

184k as of yesterday, which marks 20k miles on the 22D, itself having been built last July with NO head gasket issues. I'm proud of my little engine. I've put it through untold levels of hell & it still starts up on the first key turn. Yeah, EJ22 ftw. Edited by DOHCEJ22E1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 1998 Legacy with EJ22 turned 90K miles the week after I bought it at the end of June. Since then it's had new timing belt, tensioner, and seals, new Michelins, oil change, and power steering flush

nah, she was driving the 2.5 when she slid up on that pillar. she is now the cautious one of the 3 kids, my oldest is the one that thinks shes don garlitz. she wont admit it to me, but ive heard the stories of her stupid showing when theres no adults around. and she wonders why i wont swap her civic with a bigger engine.

swap it with two bottles of soda instead of one! ... lol

crunch...

somethin's MESSED up if things are crunching

Yeahh...pretty sure it actually threw a rod, or another friend said it could be a bent crank because of a bad bearing, could anyone point me to the right thread to help with this? It went bad over a year ago and I'm tearing into it before i leave for basic training on Aug. 20th.

• 1 month later...
There was a 1998 Forester for sale up where I live and the person had 430,000 miles on it and it was still going strong! I was amazed!

That is freeking amazing!

The only reason I look at other peoples cars is so I can see my Subie in the reflection - Carver Snell

Check out 2nd Gen Legacy Enthusiast & Resource Directory