LegacyGT.com

2008 Front wheel bearing replacement costs.

I searched and could not find a thread listing what people have paid to have their front wheel bearings. Either the search feature sucks on this site or there are no threads on this subject.

So, I started a thread about it. :)

My left front wheel bearing went. I took my car to KOST Tire and Muffler because they have done good work for me in the past.

They charged me $268.63 for the parts.

And 124.60 labor.

Since this is a pretty common problem on our cars I am interested what other people got charged, hopefully I was not raped to bad.:redface:

After the job I was thinking about the fact that I paid for an extended service plan from the dealer when I bought the car. Dunno if it would have covered this.....I guess if it did I am a moron for not going to the dealer. :mad: (don't tell my wife).

I dont think that is too bad. I paid $160 for my Timken rears. Installed them myself though. In the end it would have been cheaper to have a shop do it after I broke the ABS sensor and CV shaft. Front wheel bearings are usually a bit pricier, so I say you got off fair.

edit: Misread. That is way overpriced for one side. I read it as both sides at first.

Seems a bit high for one - I thought it was for both fronts too. Unless something else was replaced, can't see where there was more than $130.00 in parts for an OEM hub bearing assembly and the axle nut. Add an hour in for labor, and you should be looking at ~$225.00 out the door.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Or...A 3ft pipe on the 1/2" breaker bar with the 32mm or 1 1/4" socket on it. Have someone step on the brake pedal while you push on the pipe.

You may want to open the pined over part of the axle nut too.

I had no problem with any of the 4 hub bolts. They all came free pretty easy.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You were overcharged for the part.

28373AG01A...HUB UNIT..MSRP $169.95

902170049.....NUT.........MSRP $5.40

That is the part for the GT, I have a 2008 2.5i Limited.

So....I just called them and the guy said that the part cost them $98 and that they mark it up 2.5%! I am going to call the general manager tomorrow.

Danteneon, do you have the part number for my car?

The part number I posted is for all 2008 Legacy and Outback (other years as well).

If they are saying that they paid $98.00 for the part, then that tells me they did not use a factory part either. No dealer is going to sell a factory part below cost :lol:

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

Archived