LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it was my soldering job. Had someone help me with it this morning and everything worked like a charm. I still lost my CD player but I'm not to worried about it now. Thanks so much man.

Good to know that it's now working. It's strange that your CD player is not working anymore though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received my Aux-in unit last week and have been testing it all week. The install was easy except for deciding where to mount the switch and the aux-in cord. I decided to mount the switch in the cigarette lighter by the ash tray and have yet to mount the aux-in cord.

So far it has performed well, except I've found 1 problem. When I stream music through Pandora on my T-Mobile HTC One S, I get some weird high pitched "ticks" that come through the speakers. It sounds like very very brief white noise. It is quite annoying. However, it doesn't happen when I play music that is on my phone, or when I use my iPod.

Has anyone else experienced this? I might try using another phone to stream Pandora to see if it still happens.

This isn't a huge deal, but if anyone knows of a fix I would greatly appreciate it.

I received my Aux-in unit last week and have been testing it all week. The install was easy except for deciding where to mount the switch and the aux-in cord. I decided to mount the switch in the cigarette lighter by the ash tray and have yet to mount the aux-in cord.

So far it has performed well, except I've found 1 problem. When I stream music through Pandora on my T-Mobile HTC One S, I get some weird high pitched "ticks" that come through the speakers. It sounds like very very brief white noise. It is quite annoying. However, it doesn't happen when I play music that is on my phone, or when I use my iPod.

Has anyone else experienced this? I might try using another phone to stream Pandora to see if it still happens.

This isn't a huge deal, but if anyone knows of a fix I would greatly appreciate it.

After further testing on the way home from work today, it checking the "high-quality" box eliminated the problem. This option may only be available through Pandora One, I'm not sure. But it seems to have worked.

I still hear a really high pitched noise in between songs when the A/C compressor is on, or when the turbo is spooling up. Not an issue though.

I also get a little bit of a whine if the CPU music is stopped but the radio is turned up, but I found out recently that the "shielded" aux-in cable I was using was not really shielded. I bought some better cables and will get them in the next time I tear it apart.

So double-check that your cable is really shielded...

• 2 weeks later...

Something went wrong with my install. I think I screwed the pooch on the cable install.

I cut one of the male ends and had a friend sodder a female connector which I screwed into the arm wrest.

After I reassembled everything I realized conversation podcasts come out on the left channel with very very faint level on the right, almost sounds mono. The volume that the right channel is putting through sounds static-laden.

I ordered an iSimple IS335 male to female aux cable off Amazon and now I gotta take the damn thing apart again.

Lesson for other people. Make SURE you do a thorough testing before you put everything together.

I thought I did.

Any other thoughts or recommendations?

• Moderators
It sounds like you might have a connection that is only half-way in. Possibly at the circuit board itself or somewhere else along the chain. You can experience a similar issue if you plug a set of headphones into a music player only part way.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(