Engine Mod List:

VF39

Grimmspeed EBC

CX Racing Front Mount

K&N Typhoon Intake

ERZ Catless Downpipe

X02 Racing Catback

Open Source Pro-Tune by Chris at EFI Logics

Pro-tuned by Chris at EFI Logics, BIG thanks to him and them as well. Great group of guys. Results 305HP and 331 Tq

Needless to say I am very very happy with these numbers

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/kylar27/graphphp-1.jpg

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2005 LGT 5mt

Power mods

Blouch dom. 2.5r

SPT intake

gt spec uel headers

invidia dp

borla catback

avo fmic

avo inlet

ecutek

363whp/370wtq @17.7psi

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo55/spokism/IMG_0414.jpg

sorry for the repost, my dyno sheet didn't upload last time.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to change the subject! I just installed a VF52 and now I have a few problems! Car is sputtering BIG TIME! Won't go into bosst, not even minimal. At non-boost driving it drives well with no CEL, as a matter of fact I,m not getting any CEL codes. Before install VF40 was working well. I did recommended start up and 1st start procedures. I am not sure if it is a vacuum issue, turbo issue or tune issue. I'm getting desperate to reinstall VF40. I noticed when I had the turbo out of the box, it had a piece of tape over oil feed line, i was hoping it didn't have one over the return since the out-put port already had the tubing hardware installed over it. Any feedback will be appreciated!

Following mods:

Catless down pipe

Custom stainless cat-back

650CC inject.

Cobb stage 2 tune

Perrin turbo inlet hose

I hate to change the subject! I just installed a VF52 and now I have a few problems! Car is sputtering BIG TIME! Won't go into bosst, not even minimal. At non-boost driving it drives well with no CEL, as a matter of fact I,m not getting any CEL codes. Before install VF40 was working well. I did recommended start up and 1st start procedures. I am not sure if it is a vacuum issue, turbo issue or tune issue. I'm getting desperate to reinstall VF40. I noticed when I had the turbo out of the box, it had a piece of tape over oil feed line, i was hoping it didn't have one over the return since the out-put port already had the tubing hardware installed over it. Any feedback will be appreciated!

Following mods:

Catless down pipe

Custom stainless cat-back

650CC inject.

Cobb stage 2 tune

Perrin turbo inlet hose

A vf52 is not even close to the same turbo as a vf40/46 It requires a custom tune! You cant just use an off the shelf cobb stage 2 tune! Also the vf52 uses a different restrictor pill size if it didnt come with one.

If what I am reading is correct you should have done more research before installing that turbo. Dont go into boost at all, get the proper size pill if you dont have it, and get it pro-tuned ASAP!!!

Just re-read it and you did injectors too, those also need a custom tune.....no wonder your car doesnt run right....I'm surprised you can even drive it...get it pro-tuned by a local reputable tuner ASAP!!

Edited by Kylar

Old motor old transmission.

Dom 2.0

Meth

FMIC

tgv deletes

BC + 1mm valves

Wiseco pistons

6 Puck Clutch

Perrin big Maf

AP metal inlet

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/c0lbyj/photo-1-1.jpg

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

I just figured it out, two of the hoses on my FMIC were loose, my friend told me he tightened them but as I found out he didn't! The car runs great now, I will get it dyno tuned here locally as soon as I can. The sputtering is gone and it drives pretty well considering. Thanks for your responses.

Yes EJ22 block(na modified to cd)

Dyno was a Dynapac hub dyno, this particular dyno is pretty accurate, about 15hp down on a mainline or dynodynamics roller(cars have run 10.2 @ 139mph with 515hpatw(98 GC8 tuners car)), my car ran 10.6 with a slipping clutch - vid link below, you can see/hear its all slip from 4th gear onwards really stopped pulling when clutch slipped :( my car is also 200kg heavier than a light GC...but i still think a 9 is possible !

http://members.iinet.net.au/~zrinski/10.6.wmv

Next mod is a new turbo set-up and CNC ported heads, should bring peak torque down ~1000 rpm even with going to a 1.06 turbine housing.... I don’t expect to make any more power on top, its currently stands at the top of the list for the most powerful subaru in Western Australia, closest rival @ 602hp and 715 or so nm

jc255c - what garret core/equivilant is that turbo your using ? what boost ? good power anyway, nice and flat ;)

Cheers

Justin

Edited by PhishTaco

Wow! Nice Jeff!
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I really dont think my current setup has anything left to give. MT stg2 LGTs put out 260whp on that dyno. I have an auto so i'm expected to dyno lower, 10-15 lower. I'll ask the question but i'm sure he'll say i'm tapped out at this point. I understand what your saying tho, alot of other LGTs are pushing 1-2 more psi than i am.

So in most cases what gear should the automatic car be dyno'd in ???

2nd ??? 3rd ???

• 2 weeks later...

My new setup:

2005 5mt LGT Sedan

Blouch 20g-XT, coated 8CM^2 exhaust housing

Supporting mods:

EFI Logics Stg1 block (99.5mm forged pistons)

RacerX FMIC

GMS inlet

Cobb SF intake w/box

Cobb 70mm maf

Perrin BOV

AVO 245lph fp

DW 740 injectors

Grimmspeed tgv deletes

Grimmspeed AOS

Grimmspeed EBCS

Perrin ELH

TurboXS UP

Cobb catted DP

HKS catback

NGK 1 step colder plugs

OEM WRX FW

Spec stg 2+ clutch

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/TRSCobra/dyno.jpg

I was hoping for my numbers to be a little higher, but I requested 91 octane and their mustang dyno is a heartbreaker. Still have yet to drive the car! :(

Edited by TRSCobra

My new setup:

2005 5mt LGT Sedan

Blouch 20g-XT, coated 8CM^2 exhaust housing

Supporting mods:

EFI Logics Stg1 block (99.5mm forged pistons)

RacerX FMIC

GMS inlet

Cobb SF intake w/box

Cobb 70mm maf

Perrin BOV

AVO 245lph fp

DW 740 injectors

Grimmspeed tgv deletes

Grimmspeed AOS

Grimmspeed EBCS

Perrin ELH

TurboXS UP

Cobb catted DP

HKS catback

NGK 1 step colder plugs

OEM WRX FW

Spec stg 2+ clutch

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/TRSCobra/dyno.jpg

I was hoping for my numbers to be a little higher, but I requested 91 octane and their mustang dyno is a heartbreaker. Still have yet to drive the car! :(

OMG. Nice graph man. I hope your back in PA soon, need to see this car.

• 1 month later...

Stock EJ255 heads and cams.

EFI went really conservative on the tune to be safe on the new shortblock. I'm going to have it retuned a little more aggressively with a 92 octane tune (and maybe meth) when I get around to it. This setup easily has more in it.

Out here I've only got 92 available and I had to drive the car to the west coast, passing through many states that only offer 91 octane. They actually had to look for a gas station that had 91.

Great place, great service, and the car made it to Washington with no problems whatsoever! :)