LegacyGT.com

Put 2007 stereo in 2005 Legacy GT?

Mindflayer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you could buy a MUCH nicer stereo with an aux input for $800 and put it in the cubby.

i prefer mine in the cubby anyway - don't have to take my eyes off the road. i have an iPod into AUX1 and the factory 6 disc changer into AUX2, so its not just sitting there doing nothing.

I don’t think it’s a matter of a nicer unit in the cubby. Some people want a stock look. I personally think 2 radios look retarded. Thus a 07 cd player or a CS is the best route to go for an AUX in / MP3.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

you could buy a MUCH nicer stereo with an aux input for $800 and put it in the cubby.

i prefer mine in the cubby anyway - don't have to take my eyes off the road. i have an iPod into AUX1 and the factory 6 disc changer into AUX2, so its not just sitting there doing nothing.

how did u connect the oem stereo to aux 2?

I don’t think it’s a matter of a nicer unit in the cubby. Some people want a stock look. I personally think 2 radios look retarded. Thus a 07 cd player or a CS is the best route to go for an AUX in / MP3.

if $800 makes it look "nicer" to you, then knock yourself out.

i think mine looks great and matches the rest of the car (4096 color settings). you wouldn't know it wasn't stock if you weren't familiar with the LGT, as far as the comments i've had on it go.

stereo has far more features than the stock unit, and with the AVO bezel, was only $500 total. i have subwoofer level control, steering wheel remote, auto or manual 108 band EQ, active volume, MP3, two aux inputs, 5V preamp outputs, staging and environment effects, and digital dual-diversity FM. :)

how did u connect the oem stereo to aux 2?

the front speaker output wires of the stock unit get wired to a line out converter, and then connected to the aux-in with an RCA cable.

if $800 makes it look "nicer" to you, then knock yourself out.

i think mine looks great and matches the rest of the car (4096 color settings). you wouldn't know it wasn't stock if you weren't familiar with the LGT, as far as the comments i've had on it go.

stereo has far more features than the stock unit, and with the AVO bezel, was only $500 total. i have subwoofer level control, steering wheel remote, auto or manual 108 band EQ, active volume, MP3, two aux inputs, 5V preamp outputs, staging and environment effects, and digital dual-diversity FM. :)

Pics?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived