LegacyGT.com

Anyone leasing a Spec B?

dr_sharp

I am curious to know what the payments are. I assume that the depreciation on the spec.Bs is not too bad and am therefore hoping for a lower lease payment than finance payment. Can anyone confirm this? I'd love to hear from you... pm if you don't wish to talk about it publicly.

Thanks,

-dr_sharp

lol

I just looked into this. Here are the numbers that I got...

I was looking into a Spec.B '07 or LGT '07 (w/ Nav). Initially I thought about leasing because Subaru's are great at holding their value. As I started researching I found the Spec.B's residual to be HORRIBLE. When I was talking leases, it was always 48 month lease with $2500 down. From what I could remember... the lease on the 48 month was $570 a month (give or take $10). To put that in perspective, you can lease a GT (48 month, $2500 down) for $425 a month.

Ultimately I went with a buy option on the LGT, but feel free to do some more research. Hope that helps.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][B]"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." -Jedi Master Yoda (I believe he was talking about the search tool)[URL="http://specb.jerkerstudios.com/"][/URL] [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

... I just pulled into my hotel in Layfette, IN (birthplace of our LGT's) on the way to Indy and there was an '07 spec.B in the parking lot with Michigan Mfr. tags on it. I chatted with driver ... he works for SOA. He said its a test vehicle that magazine editors, etc have been driving/testing. He said it will ultimately end up on a dealer's lot as a used car, likely with a significant discount.

Too bad they don't have the limited edition numbers like our '06s ... it would be interesting to see where it ends up, although I don't know that I would feel to comfortable buying a car that all sorts of different testers have beaten on.

subaru lease terms are terrible. I leased a new 07 BMW 335i After I sold my LGT, one because it's an amazing car, two because the lease terms are so good in comparison:

This is on a $47K msrp car, 3500 drive-off, $500/mo + taxes for only 24 months, 10K per year. Additional miles are only 0.15/mile, and I can change the mileage option any time before the lease is up.

^^ Yeah, with BMW resale being so much better than Subaru, they don't have to add nearly as much depreciation into their lease rates. For most folks, the Legacy numbers are going to work out better as a Purchase, I think.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, the dealer called yesterday and gave me some info... a 48 month/12k mile lease is around $640/month and a 36 month/12k mile lease is just over $700 a month.

This is adjusted for no down payment or security deposit and probably a pretty poor interest rate.

lol

you cant compare the GT and Spec B lease, they will never be even close even if you bought the Spec at the same price as the GT. They are totally different progrmas with different residuals (way different) and different money factors.

Yeah, I know, but there were a couple people throwing around GT numbers in the thread, too, so I figured I'd at least put my limited knowledge on the subject in.

no worries at all!... wasnt knocking you, just dont want people to think Spec's lease worse only because they cost more

I don't get offended easily.

Basically, I had gone into the dealer in May 06, and said this is the minimum of what I want, and this is where I need to be payment-wise, can you guys help me or am I wasting your time. A couple weeks later, and I got the GT with a bunch of options I didn't need, at the payment I wanted. I never really discussed the Spec B lease, as it seemed to be out of the range that I wanted to be at.

Archived