LegacyGT.com

Allow me to introduce White Lightning

Hello all, first post on the forum, and I am pretty new myself.

I have a white 97 Legacy GT wagon, and I love the thing to death. I am still working on it to make it as awesome as possible, so any tips on accessories would be much appreciated.

My 16 year old brother is also getting a 97 GT wagon, and I want to get him a sweet gear shift (we both have auto's). I have seen the Revolver cylinder and the revolver handle on amazon. They have gotten some mixed reviews. I wanna get him something really cool. If you have any suggestions/links, it would be much appreciated!

So far on my car, I have tinted the tail lights, put LED strips on the Head Lights (probably will Redo these), tinted windows, Kenwood Head Unit, I have an alpine sub I wanna put in it, but I need to upgrade my speakers. I also am looking at putting in a cold air intake, and/or I also am considering doing the power mode.

Any help or suggestions you all have would be much obliged.

Ill try to figure out how to post pictures, but I am currently withstanding a Blizzard so it may be a little while!

Hey PDWLGTW,

Welcome to the forum. I am not on here as often as I would like but this place is helpful.

Your question of what to get your brother is pretty vague. I don't know much about auto transmission so I don't have any suggestions there. Are you trying to do a mechanical upgrade for him?

I would just search the forums and look at other peeps cars, I am positive you will pick up an idea or 5.

Haha Yeah I am just looking for the grip when he shifts it, I don't love him enough to do a mechanical upgrade. I think I am going to get the pistol grip for him (loved the postal employee joke).

Zues Marine, I like that grip a lot, but I hate red, so I couldn't do it. I have seen that in blue, but my brother is a gun geek so I think the revolver will be a good fit for him.

I am gonna post some pictures, I haven't gotten a car wash because of the terrible weather out here, so I apologize for it looking dirty.

WP_000196.thumb.jpg.64f610e531c5b81e12fbbeadc34d9ae2.jpg

WP_000197.thumb.jpg.1d51c0196d4970d92434e3dc193cf411.jpg

WP_000198.thumb.jpg.2bf7f5e097983b01f94ed4867dffeca3.jpg

WP_000200.thumb.jpg.9559209f9c438890742572243d4ee291.jpg

WP_000201.thumb.jpg.04cf4d134830d769a942e36107c03f45.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been too long since I could get on..

Since Ive been on: I put the gun handle gear shift on my brothers car, tinted my taillights, and his, and recently replaced the fuel pump (not fun). here are some pics

WP_000205.thumb.jpg.a7240435c95045ccd8e732d8bde3c4fb.jpg

WP_000246.thumb.jpg.7670157fdf023c7d3031366dc81a2300.jpg

WP_000241.thumb.jpg.bb6c758a8e850e3116a1b06d4c0a64ef.jpg

Pleaidestar, I would love to slam it/lower it a little but I need a little lift when I go skiing and also there are lots of kids... eerr I mean speedbumps out here in Colorado that I don't wanna scrape against haha

Yeah, it wasn't particularly hard, especially cause I had my friend who is a suby mechanic teach me how to do it, it just sucked because I have a $700+ transmission job coming up that will also take like 3 weeks (although it would be more expensive if my friend didn't do it). And yeah its the 14 concept, not really sure how I like it, but I would definitely not complain if one showed up on my doorstep for me :D

ive tossed the idea of tinting the tail lights and center garnish on my wagon also. looks pretty nice, i may have to do it too. mine will be black and green tho, i dont like white/ silver vehicles. my silver 96GT is the first one ive ever had that i wasnt instantly thinking of painting... and now ihave to paint it eventually anyway,since my daughter decided to drive into a pole last weekend. wiped out pretty much the whole passenger side.

:0, she alright twisty? A lot of that been happening, my wife backed into a parked cable van yesterday and scraped the corner f the bumper on a chain vice that was bolted to the rear bumper. almost ripped a hole in it...:( oh well I like fixing bumpers and plastic repair.

lol twisty, i remember the EXACT post from the day you told us you gave it to your daughter... im pretty sure you called it! haha

but glad shes okay, i remember when i backed into a trailer my first car... i was trippin out my dad' strangle me

i saw a white lgt wagon yesterday on colorado blvd with a massive sticker saying 'white lightning' with a big lightning bolt. i pulled upto him n asked if it was you.

he said no

i remember wrapping my step-moms bmw 5 around the pole between the garages at our house after washing it... and preceding to do a few donuts before i whipped it in.

i just left it there... running

sat in my room waiting for wrath of god.

it happened

^geez dude you didn't even turn it off and make yourself scarce? I did when I slammed my dads gto into a curb destroying an lca when I was 18. Got a tow truck put it in the carport and dipped. I wasn't trusted to take any of his vehicles until I was 25, then he still gave me the evil glare.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, sorry that I have been keeping up lately. Still running the Suby although ill be putting it in the shop for a few weeks to get the tranny worked on, AC, and some other things.

I am looking to put a cold air intake into it. The only ones that I have found are the Dragon R ones on Carid.com. if anyone has done this to theirs or knows a good place to pick one up, please post or message a link. Much appreciated.

I haven't really done a lot to the car since tinting the lights except that I went back over them and put on 2 extra layers. I think I am gonna plastidip my roof rack because it is chipping. if anyone has any ideas or testimonials, I would love to hear them.

I cant believe that you saw a white LGT that said white lightning on it, absolutely stole my thunder (see what I did there?).

Lol..I saw that...the weaponR intakes are pretty nice I have put one on my white sedan, not a fan of the filter so I ditched it and did the williaty hybrid style intake. I got mine from andysautosport.com for $129 a few years ago, its a good quality piece. You gain a nice intakes sound and a little low end torque, probably decreases over all hp's though (don't take that to the bank though) I didn't dyno or tune it, that's just what I feel on the butt dyno.

Plastidip is alright, there are only a few places on my car I would use that on, mainly the removable plastic parts such as grille my bumper lips etc.

Archived