LegacyGT.com

Frustrated! Sedan Sunroof Sound!

Okay, still breaking in my new subbie. Noticed a sound from the sunroof when I was driving the other day. With the sunroof fully open (sedan) I could sometimes hear a clicking noise, louder when I go over a bump. Sounds like rubber flapping, This does not occur if the sunrrof is in the half open position. No sounds then. After playing around with it a little (in the half open configuration or the tilt up position) I found I can sort of reproduce the noise but playing with the black rubber attached to the side of the moonroof. (driver side). has anyone experinced this? do you think I should take it back to the dealership to get it repaired or is it a small thing? I can hear it even with the stereo turned at a normal level. Can anyone confirm that I am not going crazy and being too obsessive with my new car? Thanks in advance!

I had a small issue with those side pieces of plastic, the ones that stretch when you vent the sun roof. Anyways when I slid it back the passenger side one would make a rubbing noise, like the plastic was rubbing the metal. I guess they didn't lube it enough, but either way it went away after a couple times of moving it back and fourth.

Archived