LegacyGT.com

Got nailed today by woman on cell ..

Making left turn at intersection (green for me) and lady on friggin cell phone ran red light and nailed my passenger side :( .. front qtr panel, tire, rim, rear qtr panel, steering's fubar, mirror toasted .... not a good day

Sorry, that's terrible news. Last time I got hit, guy was yapping on his cell phone as he hit me.

Isn't talking on a cell phone illegal in NY? It's legal here, but it's blatantly obvious most people here don't drive well while on the phone.

Such is the risk when sharing the road with society...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

And for the crowd that doesn't like headsets you can get blutooth speakers that clip on the visor.

Glad your alright at least!

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

It always amazes me how full grown adults still make obvious conscious mistakes. It's not like headsets are expensive any more.

I think now that its prohibited, some people try to hide it even more...which makes it that much more distracting; on the phone AND worrying about whos watching.

Some people just switch off the "driving" part of their brain when they are talking, and ignores the world around. Doesn't matter what devices they have.

If you need to talk - select traffic situations where it doesn't matter - like when you tailgate an 18-wheeler on the highway. It's going to be your problem completely, the vehicle in front of you will just need some new paint.

453747.png

Corner of Penfield Rd. and North Landing. Scared the living crap out of me. Its crazy, every day I see ppl talking on the phone go through intersections, rolling through red lights ... its getting bad.

Sue the ******* pants off the bitch. Pain and suffering, etc etc. She won't learn her lesson when insurance pays for everything.

Glad you're OK

Yup, have them pull her cell phone call log. That will show she was on the phone.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Some people just switch off the "driving" part of their brain when they are talking, and ignores the world around. Doesn't matter what devices they have.

I actually agree with this completely.

It isn't the act of holding at item in your hand that distracts you from the road, it's the conversation.

I actually agree with this completely.

It isn't the act of holding at item in your hand that distracts you from the road, it's the conversation.

Or more accurately, its the pace of the conversation.

Lets face it - we can all talk to our girlfriend in the passenger seat because she shuts-the-f**k-up when we take a sudden left at .9g or swerve to advoid something oncoming.

Its highly unlikely that she would extend us the same curteousy while bitching us out on the phone while trying to swerve to advoid an accidident.

I can envision a senario where I am upside down and the girlfriend and/or wife is on the speakerphone, oblivious and still talking :lol:

Or more accurately, its the pace of the conversation.

Lets face it - we can all talk to our girlfriend in the passenger seat because she shuts-the-f**k-up when we take a sudden left at .9g or swerve to advoid something oncoming.

Its highly unlikely that she would extend us the same curteousy while bitching us out on the phone while trying to swerve to advoid an accidident.

I can envision a senario where I am upside down and the girlfriend and/or wife is on the speakerphone, oblivious and still talking :lol:

with the "are you listening to me?" insert once every minute...

I've even almost hit people just messing with the radio. Safety is great and all, right up until it interferes with style and utility. Some modern vehicles almost need a copilot to handle all the attention-intensive interfacing in the center console. Most people's brains can't split their gaze to read a screen and scan the road. Same for multitasking brain waves on the phone.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I was hit by a male that was driving while on a cell phone, and I was narrowly missed by another man on a cell phone (who probably never even noticed me).

It always amazes me how full grown adults still make obvious conscious mistakes. It's not like headsets are expensive any more.

Small problem that headsets don't make anything safer. They just make people feel safer.

Shut up and drive.

people know not to call me while they are driving. As soon as I hear anything indicating they are on the road I tell them to hang up and drive, and then hang up on them. Doesn't matter who it is.

It really sucks that your legacy is wrecked...it sucks even more that it could have been avoided had that dumbass woman hung up her phone and paid attention.

The good news is that you are okay.

Archived