LegacyGT.com

Unmarrying AccessPort for ECU reflash/surging cruise control

I3eXa

Ok so here's the deal. Since buying my car stock it's had surging cruise control issues. Fast forward to present and its stage2 cryotuned with the same CC issues. Took it to Subaru to get the speed sensors checked to see if they were the problem but everything checked out fine according to them. Said I could come back tomorrow and get the ECU reflashed since there was an update years back I guess that might fix this issue.

I'm wondering if I take it in to Subaru, reflash to stock and unmarry the AP, have them reflash the ECU, then reflash my stage2 cryotune, will it really do anything? Are any stock parameters left alone or does a reflash change them all anyways?

Also from the service parking will it be bad to revert to stock and have them drive it around the building to the service bays? Or should I ask to revert to stock once it's in the bay ready for them so it doesn't have to be started on a stock ECU with an intake and catless dp?

Sorry this is so long and thanks for any help you guys can offer

if you are gonna let them flash your ecu, then definitely unmarry your accessport. you just have to make sure they dont drive on the stock tune with your stage 2 mods. the AP flash may not overwrite the section that handles the CC operation.

if you are gonna let them flash your ecu, then definitely unmarry your accessport. you just have to make sure they dont drive on the stock tune with your stage 2 mods. the AP flash may not overwrite the section that handles the CC operation.

Yeah I was curious if the car would even run right without the AP but I'll make sure they know not to and just pray they don't.

Wasn't sure what all parameters were changed so I really hope the reflash fixes my CC issue

Archived