LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked the looks of my 4th gen, but with just a tune, the 5th gen is such a different car. Joe, your car is nice. A lot of good looking 5th gens here. I'll get my wheels/tires/breaks and suspension done one of these days.

Some older gent walks up to my door, and proceeds to open it. He looks terribly confused for a second, then his face gets this look of surprise/embarrassment - and then he apologizes, "Oh I'm sorry I thought this was my car, so sorry."

Similar ocurred to me. Couple walk to my car while I'm parked next to a black 5th gen 2.5i returning a text at the mall parking lot. Guy attempts to open my locked door. Windows are down, so I Said "Can I help you?" Guy jumps back looks at the car, apologizes, walks to his car meanwhile, female sticks head in passenger side looking at the interior, smiles and tells guy, "That one is nicer, has leather and a screen." Guy leaves when she gets on and waves his apology as he drives away.

made my day!

• 4 weeks later...
Pulled out of my office parking lot this morning to go to jury duty :mad: and passed a guy in a new-ish GTR who actually slowed down and practically got whiplash staring at the GT with a "Holy Crap, what's that...I want" look on his face. :cool:

Went to dealer about 2 weeks ago. Service counter guy asked me about my car. got the usual "its nice!" Gave me a crosstek while my car gets worked on. 5 hours Later my car is done and I got called to pick it up. When i got there he tells me he could only find 1 in the country for sale (white GT) on craigslist. I told him to jump on it, They're rarer than the spec B. he looked puzzled but I'm sure he googled it.

Was picking up my car at Subaru of Wakefield yesterday... they just finished washing her up, and left her idling out front of the service area. I got in and was just checking things over, adjusting seats/mirrors/etc when one of the techs came over and knocked on the window. I rolled it down and he said "This is totally unrelated to anything else, but I just wanted to say how NASTY this car sounds... especially in the shop!" I said thanks, though sometimes I wish it were quieter, so I didn't feel like I was waking up my neighbors in the morning. He's like "No man, it's awesome. Probably the most badass Legacy I've ever seen." :D Def put a smile on my face, as I'd been stressing over the car for a few days!

Non-verbal communication today.

Lowered/modified Forester XT signs "peace". At next light he hangs back a bit.

I notice him pulling his phone out and snapping pictures.

Hmmm...maybe those pics are headed for the rice thread in the Forester forum :lol:

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

At the dealer yesterday and it was waiting in the service exit. I walk in and get in line to pay and this guy in front of me goes "Is that yours?" I say oh yeah. And he goes. "Man, that things gorgeous." I chuckle and say thanks. He says "yeah man. Just clean."

Also the service kid asked me where I got the vinyl wrap on my trim done... I smiled and said I did it myself with wrap a heat gun and a lot of patience. He said it looked sick with the carbon over it all especially the center piece and couldn't believe I did it myself.

The day before that the guy at the gas station asked me where I got my headlights done and I will say again, it's the best feeling to be able to say, my garage.

• 2 weeks later...

Filling up this evening guy walks out of the station and says "man I like the front end of that car. What is that a Ford?"

me: No it's a Subaru

him: I love the way you've got the license plate how'd you do that.

me: (showing him what I can of how it's attached) It's just ugly having it dangling off the front bumper.

him: so what is this a four speed?

me: No 5 speed automatic with paddle shifters :)

him: Ohhh man I bet that's fun to drive

me: (big grin) yeah

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/08/c2ad02587cd3441f7caae4ceab6f1b0a.jpg

Facebook is like so let's see your phone background and this girls like this is mine.... S2ubaru's car. HAhaha now that's a compliment. I love your car so much I want to see it every day.

Ahhh thanks :D. I guess on the LegacyNW page someone found a different rolling shot of my car while I was on the interstate coming back from BigNorthWest meet in 2013. The person was like "Why isn't this person on here?"... I was like ohhh trust me I'm on here. Then that lady wemt bonkers and PM'd me for more pictures so I sent her a few and what do you know, put it on her phone. Flaterring for sure. Thanks for tagging me for that too btw. The same pic got posted on instagram on the dailysuby page too. Only wish I had it back to photowhore and videowhore it out for everyone.

I was out for a sushi lunch with friends today and when I came outta the restaurant there were 3 guys standing by my car staring at it....I walked by to say good-bye to one of my friends and couldn't resist...I said "Nice car" as I went by.......they all chirped in..."Totally sweet"...caught them off guard when I returned and got in.....One of them turned to me and said..."Lucky guy....I love those"

Sushi was even better than usual :) today.

I usually get people lining up at red lights and gawking at my car. Today I had a guy in his Outback 2nd or 3rd gen whip around several cars to get next to me. We rolled our windows down and he smiled and said how clean my car was and how awesome it sounded!

Also the best ever story was when I met Josh Slammered in his 2010 LGT. I was at an intersection and he drove by as we both broke our necks staring at each others cars. I turned right after a few seconds and he was already making a U turn coming back my way. We did a quick photo shoot and had IHOP. The whole time both of us acted like we just saw 2 unicorns.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Bout an hour ago, my car sitting in the parking lot at work. Another SWP 5th gen. Sport stops at the light looks to his right and sees my car. Inches forward. Looks again inches forward more looks again then just stares. Car in front of him leaves and he doesn't see cause he can get enough of it. Waits a little longer until he pulls away. Feels good to turn heads every now and then.