LegacyGT.com

My BOXER badge fooled a cop

Well... I don't think he was fooled that I had some mystery car, but I got pulled over today for some 'spirited' driving on the way to work and he commented on it. He said my registration and insurance said it was a Legacy and he didn't know if a Boxer was a certian type of Legacy or what. lol I told him I have 'Legacy' on my licence plate frame just to avoid any confusion and he said he noticed that, but the Boxer badge looked OEM and threw him for a minute. Anyway, it was fun conversation. He wrote down the URL for where to ordre them at (www.youremblem.com) and gave me a warning. Nice guy, eh? He had me dead to rights at 75 in a 55 and he gave me a warning. The fact that I don't argue with cops could be one reason, but all I know is that he was a nice guy and I'm glad that badge is back there.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/163-6364_IMG.jpg

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Nice! That's a really original idea. (that would never happen to me, I never catch a break)

The other day I brought mine in for an oil change at Speedway Subaru here in Indianapolis and my car got swarmed within 2 minutes of parking it in front of the service garage. Only an STi badge on the trunk and on my badgeless grill adorn the car. Coupled with my Georgia tag (still registered to mother's address in GA for tax and insurance purposes), 7 subie salesman thought they had stumbled upon a real USDM STi from the Southeast market.

I had a little fun with them before I admitted it - one guy said though that he heard that "these have 290 hp." He was the sales manager, he felt like a moron when I spilled the beans about our little dental floss trick.

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

Nice! That's a really original idea. (that would never happen to me, I never catch a break)

The other day I brought mine in for an oil change at Speedway Subaru here in Indianapolis and my car got swarmed within 2 minutes of parking it in front of the service garage. Only an STi badge on the trunk and on my badgeless grill adorn the car. Coupled with my Georgia tag (still registered to mother's address in GA for tax and insurance purposes), 7 subie salesman thought they had stumbled upon a real USDM STi from the Southeast market.

I had a little fun with them before I admitted it - one guy said though that he heard that "these have 290 hp." He was the sales manager, he felt like a moron when I spilled the beans about our little dental floss trick.

haha that is classic.

You know its bad when your fooling subaru dealers.

Imagine the guy trying to tell his friends that "No, really... I really did see a Legacy STi. They are here, man. I saw one. The magazines lie and the dealer doesn't know shit. They have em in Georgia. I saw it." :lol:

OCDETAILS BLOG

haha that is classic.

You know its bad when your fooling subaru dealers.

Its not too hard...I had a guy come up to me in a gas station and say, "Excuse me, I am a subaru salesman, and I've never seen the XT in monochrome atlantic blue before."

I was like, "Ahhhh...Thats because this is the legacy, not an outback" :rolleyes:

Guest *Jedimaster*
A guy in an Audi TT stopped next to me at a redlight and looked at the car in disbelief- I don't know if he wondered if there was really a turbo Outabck or what. I did check the car at work and make sure nobody wrote "Jim is a dick" on it :lol:

Its not too hard...I had a guy come up to me in a gas station and say, "Excuse me, I am a subaru salesman, and I've never seen the XT in monochrome atlantic blue before."

I was like, "Ahhhh...Thats because this is the legacy, not an outback" :rolleyes:

:roofles:

My local dealer said that we know more about upcoming products then they do.

Now that is just sad.

Nick

Yep, when I bought mine - "I don't know" came out of the salesman's mouth more than anything else. I had to rely on this site to answer most of my pre-purchase questions. At least he knew what "boxer" means.

Any other good badge stumpers out there?

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

Nice tale, OCD. :)

I, too, was stopped for your well-put "rather spirited" driving just recently. The speeds were quite a bit higher than what you had, but I also think that by being nice (after all, the enforcer is just another human being doing his job!), I was given a break.

Hey, we're all people, right? :)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

yeah I've gotten out of running a red, expired county sticker and expired inspection stick all at the same time. First when i saw his lights flashing i knew it was for me, so i had already pulled over before he pursued. Second when he came up to my car he asked me "Do you know why i pulled you over" and as he waited for my excuse, as soon as i answered him and said "I ran a red light" he had already started to talk over me because no one tells the truth. It took a good 5 seconds before he caught himself and looked at me like i was crazy. At that point we chatted a bit and when he went back to see my flawless driving record, he let me go with a handshake.

Nice helps, but FOP tags ALWAYS work. Had a friend get out of a 5 squad car pursuit due to running 4 red lights and only get a reckless. The thing was he was so drunk he could barely talk. In fact when he went to walk back to his car and lock the doors, he ended up dropping the keys trying to get it in the keyhole and as he looked around at the 5 officers looking at him in disbelief he figured he should just walk inside instead of pushing his luck. He should have been locked up and had his license revoked. He only got the reckless because it was harder to let him go because 4 other officers were present. They don’t play in VA. That’s only the worse he’s done, but he has gotten off scott free from numerous offences. Pays to have an officer in the family.

It depends on where its put at. I've tried to think of a place on my car that I could put it, but I think all the good spots are taken. I'm liking the BOXER on the left and I like the 2.5GT on the right. I think I'm still going to get one and just test fit it in different places and see what I think. I really don't know where it would work though.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived