LegacyGT.com

Please help me get bug residue off of my white car!

Ok, so I can get the bug parts off of my car with Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover, but some of these big bugs are leaving Red and Yellow stains on the paint.

I hit one MONSTER MOTH on the way to the Dragon that left a HUGE black mark on my paint.

What can I use to get these stains off?

Thanks!

I kind of live out in bfd, so I drive me wifes car at night. saves my car from getting slimmed:D
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I use one of these on the glass and chrome bumpers to get bugs off. I probably wouldn't suggest using them on paint. They used to carry these at PremiumAutoCare.com, but I'm not finding them today for some reason. For your bumper I would just suggest using Turtle Wax Bug/Tar remover and then claying the rest off. If there are still stains then use a paint cleaner or vinegar to help clean up the remains. Then rewax the area and you are good to go.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Ok, so far I've tried everything that's been mentioned except for the paint cleaner to no avail.

Someone suggested Simple Green so I may try that next.

Any other suggestions?

What brand of Paint Cleaner do you suggest (that I can buy locally).

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing worked, I even had it professionally buffed.... The bug is IN the paint....

I'm curently looking for an airbrush touchup artist here locally.... :(

I had so many bugs on the front of my car that my cousin told me it was going to have to be buffed. Started washing it, five minutes after breaking out the clay it was spottless. Groits garage paint clay.

Bug removal products like Turtle Wax are ok if the bugs are fresh. Once they get hardened or "baked-on", the Turtle wax is useless.

My very first brand new car was a 1988 Toyota Corolla coupe, in "super white." I used a baking soda paste (baking soda with a little water) with excellent results. Other than removing the wax, I never saw any adverse effects (i.e. scratches, swirls, ect.), and I was even more particular back then.

I now have a SWP LGT. I haven't tried the baking soda on it yet, but I might. I am being extra careful with the paint on this car because of the widespread negative comments about it. Also, the pearlescent nature of our paint might lend itself a greater risk. The "super white" on my Toyota was just bright white with clearcoat.

The local Scooby guys and gals here favor a "preventative" product called RejeX.

I'm going to try it on Winky as soon as I can get a hold of some.

Any opinions/experience with RejeX, here?

Thanks!

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived