LegacyGT.com

Custom Badging and De-Badging

firepyro515

I know that this is probably somewhere in the exterior forum section, but i am unable to find it.

Wondering, how easy is it to remove and paint the badges from the grill and trunk of a 2008 Subaru Legacy, also, if i debadge, what is the easiest way to fill the holes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy! If '08 is the same as my '06, do as follows:

Heat them up or let them sit in the sun on a warm day, then use anything from fishing line to dental floss to go between the car and the badge. Go slow and careful. The front is easy (just stuck on). On the rear, there are two posts that will leave two small holes once the badge is removed. You have to work your fishing line around the posts and slowly/carefully pull the badge up while heating it (heat gun or hair dryer). The badge is very sensitive to being pryed with a screwdriver, so try to only use your fingers to separate it from the car. BDII would like your badges if you don't want them anymore. Oh, the easiest way to fill those holes on the trunk is with another badge ;)

Hope this helps.

the only badge that will leave holes if removed is the rear oval subaru emblem. Everything else is held on with double sided tape.

As far as how easy it is to remove and or paint, depends on your painting and bodywork skills.

ignore him, he'll go away.

the only badge that will leave holes if removed is the rear oval subaru emblem. Everything else is held on with double sided tape.

As far as how easy it is to remove and or paint, depends on your painting and bodywork skills.

indeed.

Archived