LegacyGT.com

Heelp: Subaru legacy 3.0R

Hi everybody, am a bit confussed, the manual says my car accelerates 0.60 mph in 8 seconds, but it feeels much faster obvously more when in SportSharp Mode, so i wanted to know is that info reliable? the transsmision is 5EAT, not the manual version nor the spec b, but is the fulll version.

If someone could just enlight me abouth this subject I will be very thankfuull.

Also, like the motor is not a turbo, so it cant be tunned up as well as a turbocharged, what modifications can i do to improve the torque and the hp? mine is stock with 243 hp, is very fast and smooth but I need more power in lower revs!

Thank you for your help

Wait. So you're concerned because your car is faster than the manual says it should be (according to you). If that's the case, I'll trade you my 2006 2.5i for your car, it might be as slow as the manual says it is.

Wait. So you're concerned because your car is faster than the manual says it should be (according to you). If that's the case, I'll trade you my 2006 2.5i for your car, it might be as slow as the manual says it is.

No no am not saying that, just saying is faster than 8 sec....the manual is at least for 6.9 sec, but mine is not faster that the manual transmission!! you get it now? :)

i dont think i ever saw anywhere official that said 0-60 in that long. not even the manual.

I have searched a lot of pages and these are the results almost all pages says:

Legacy 3.0R AT 8.2"

Legacy 3.0R MT 6.9"

Legacy 3.0R Spech b MT 6.5"

Sooo I have the 2007 full version of the 3.0R AT with SI DRIVE and according to those pages the time es 8.2", maybe you all are confusing the AT with the MT, or perhaps I am wrong.

I have searched a lot of pages and these are the results almost all pages says:

Legacy 3.0R AT 8.2"

Legacy 3.0R MT 6.9"

Legacy 3.0R Spech b MT 6.5"

Sooo I have the 2007 full version of the 3.0R AT with SI DRIVE and according to those pages the time es 8.2", maybe you all are confusing the AT with the MT, or perhaps I am wrong.

To be fair, the 5EAT is kinda slow with the upshift. If you plant your foot to the ground, it will rev all the way up to 7,000 RPM then it shifts. There is a slight lag when it shifts if you hit the 7,000 RPM. However, if you shift slightly earlier 6,500 RPM, the shift and power should go through smoothly.

Maybe due to the lag, the manual downplayed the 0-60 for the 5EAT.

Archived