LegacyGT.com

Trading in 05 LGT LTD

What would be a fair offer from a dealer on my car. Specs are below. It's in good if not excellent condition per KBB.com

Trade-in:

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Sedan 4D

Mileage: 20,500

Engine: 4-Cyl. 2.5L Turbo

Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Drivetrain: AWD

Color: Black

Leather Color: Black

Standard:

Air Conditioning, Tilt Wheel, Dual Front Air Bags,

Power Steering, Cruise Control, ABS (4-Wheel),

Power Windows, AM/FM Stereo, Leather,

Power Door Locks, Multi Compact Disc, Dual Power Seats

Optional:

Premium Sound, Sun Roof, Premium Wheels,

F&R Side Air Bags, Rear Spoiler

Dealer added:

STi Short throw shifter

STi Pedal kit

MOMO Shift knob

Arm-rest ext.

Thanks all!

whattya trading in to replace it with? $20k would be a far cry for a tradein.. I dont think even if its PERFECT they'll give you that.. check out kbb.com they have some ballparks.. and dealers like numbers when they're in their favor.. they hate them when they're not tho :)

I think 18,5 is a good number.. bring it in detailed all clean n stuff lookin good, probablly wont wanna drive too fast into the lot either, although I dont think the guys who appraise see you come in generally.. I imagine if you come in like a madman, the salesman might mention it.

If you have time.. I'd try to private party, I think you can get 22-23k for one PP.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Depends where you are, I would have been happy with 18.5 when I was trying to trade mine in.

I got a quote for 17.2K on most places, and they said they were being generous. Mine was also a 5 speed limited with only 14K miles in excellent condition.

Sell privately, because you may be able to get 20K privately, maybe.

I sold mine for 20.3K privately after a couple of months of advertising it.

GL

X

---

You can NEVER expect a great return on a car if you trade it in every 2 years.

You really need to @ least hold on to the car for @ least 36mo the value will start to level out at that point.

That being said.....anything over 19K & you are pretty lucky!!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Thanks again everyone. So far I have 2 quotes, 16.5 and 17. One other dealer I'm taking her to after work and he said (over the phone) between 17-19.

On the Z:

Yeah, it looks scary under the hood of the TT but I'm ready for the challenge :)

It's just such a beautiful car.

It's not the theory or what to do under there; it's getting there to actually do it. Most jobs begin with "remove the engine", or at least it seems that way.

This man knows of what he speaks. I had a '90 300ZX TT. You think changing the plugs is hard on an LGT? :lol: There is zero, repeat zero wiggle room in the engine bay of the Z. Great looking car though. Still one of my favorites.

This man knows of what he speaks. I had a '90 300ZX TT. You think changing the plugs is hard on an LGT? :lol: There is zero, repeat zero wiggle room in the engine bay of the Z. Great looking car though. Still one of my favorites.

Plugs aren't a big deal, it's the injectors, turbos, and exhaust valve seals that will put the cripple on you and your wallet.:icon_bigg

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived