LegacyGT.com

Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs

Coolbs7

S-Techs fit on a LGT.

The KYB's I linked are LGT OEM replacements. KYB sells them under their own name and makes them for Subaru. You just pay way more at Subaru. GR-2 or Exxell as they are now called are barely firmer than OEM.

Have been running them on the wifes 5EAT with Epic springs for over 30k now.

Do I need to start using giant bold flasing letters?

I'm serious when I say stechs are the worst. they will essentially put you on the bumpstops at rest so you might as well not spend any money on struts because they won't be doing anything.

well, if you are upgrading the struts they may be a viable option but as others have said the drop is quite significant and will place you on your bumpstops and leave no room for the strut to travel. road surface dampening will be significantly compromised.

unfortunately in the modding world. the theme is 'pay to play'

I do not recommend cutting bump stops. It will just cause the struts to blow as normal. Riding too low is riding too low. LGT's have very little room to drop in the rear without compromising ride quality and control.

Teins will blow your stock struts quick. Anything dropping more than 1 inch will. Going with a higher quality strut will help a lot. Swifts ride great on Tokicos or Konis.

There are many pix of sedans on Epics posted all over the forum. Epics drop approx 1" up front and .8" in the rear.

Jamal is right about S-Techs.

there are three or four threads on just s-techs. research, research some more then decide to buy. i did and i purchased the s-techs. i knew i had bilsteins in the rear and newer kyb's in the front. stickers all shiny and new looking. i am not a stranger to lowering springs. everything i have ever owned was lowered. so i know to avoid road irregularities and such. if i had to change struts i'd would of bought bc coilovers or a brand similiar. food for thought buddy and good luck.

Could always cut the bumpstops, then you'll get a little more travel and then you wont be "riding" on them.

You'd still be slamming into them.. S-techs give you too much of a drop with too soft of a spring rate.

You'd still be slamming into them.. S-techs give you too much of a drop with too soft of a spring rate.

+1. I did s-techs, and will be doing coils this spring. I didn't cut the bump stops and the ride is nothing to write home about. If your looking for a short term drop like I was, and will be looking into coils in the future, I feel as if its a valid option if you cannot wait for your car to be lower. I wouldn't recommend this as a full time setup. However I paid about 170 shipped to my door, and I wouldn't pay more than that. If I were to do it again I would have just waited and went to a coil-over setup. Just my $0.02, you're more than welcome to do what you please.

Archived