LegacyGT.com

*** Knock, do you have any?

LittleBlueGT

Need help here...

i know i must log DA (Dynamic Advance) and FBKC (Feed Back Knock Correction) as it said in the first page but i cant find that in my RR all i had close to knock is Knock Correction Advance (degrees) is it the same thing? and when i logged a bit it went up to 10.5 from 0 :| wtf

in LV i have IAM at 0.64 i have no idea what to log as i connect my car to RR and in parameters i just dont have the same things you write about here on this forum.

:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin: someone help me figure it out im worried something is wrong with the engine...

ill attach the log.

romraiderlog_20140327_171512.csv

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your IAM is at 0.64, your car is very unhappy. It should read 1.0, anything less means you have significant amounts of knock. Posting an image of Learning View would help too. The terminologies are different a bit because we are talking about two different programs here: ROMRaider and Cobb Tuning's AccessPort/AccessTuner Edited by fishbone

hey all - wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to log/check for knock through one of these iphone / wifi OBDII adapters. I got mine set up pretty nice, and wondering what to look for in the functions that would show knock. Its got timing advance and AFR and what not, but nothing specific for knock.

Im using the DashCommand app btw: http://www.palmerperformance.com/products/dashcommand/

If you can't find the option, it's not there. There's a lot of work that goes into developing ECU definitions (teaching your program what to listen for and how to interpret the signal). Any other questions should be directed to the software developer.

If your IAM is at 0.64, your car is very unhappy. It should read 1.0, anything less means you have significant amounts of knock. Posting an image of Learning View would help too. The terminologies are different a bit because we are talking about two different programs here: ROMRaider and Cobb Tuning's AccessPort/AccessTuner

http://s13.postimg.org/nbkaxd0yv/Learning_View_SS_D2_ZU002_A_2014_03_13_21_06_15.jpg

i know it must be on 1.0 im just using romraider latest version and LV. and in romraider this knock parameters arent there. should i use some other soft?

You don't see the knock parameters (feedback, fine learning) in RR w/ the laptop connected to the car w/ the ignition on?

when car is off i connect the cable and the USB side to laptop... then i start the engine and after run the romraider or lv software... RR says CONNECTED and in parameters the only thing i see with word knock in it is Knock Correction Advance (degrees)

my car is all stock, and rom is too i guess, not sure tho.:confused:

3.0H6 b4 legacy 04 JDM sedan 4th generation

damn my car is the most problematic one. i need deff for romraider specific to my car for that i need pull out rom with ecuflash to post it on rr forum and now a new problem... ecuflash does not work, gives errors and freezes gauges in the car. how more unlucky can i get :spin::spin::spin::spin:

Before attempting to read from or write to ECU using ECUFlash, you must make sure the GREEN test leads are connected under the glove box and passenger side carpet. Once connected and when ignition is switched to ON you'll hear the radiator fan turn on and off over and over again, until you press read or write on ECUFlash, then the fan stops.

That's the procedure I have to follow on my USDM LGT, I'm tended to assume that the same applies to JDM vehicles.

Edited by Lunartick

I flashed the stock ROM sometime ago and no sign of knock even under WOT. So I then contacted Dave at Cryoperformance and went on his stg1 map. Huge difference in lack of knock compared to MickeyD's map.

In my extensive searching on the issues of false knock, there have been instances where suspension noise was triggering it, usually bad swaybar endlinks.

:cool:

I found this to be absolutely accurate. Please see attached snip.

Here's what happened:

I left work with IAM at 1. Drove through the rough section of the parking lot and the front driver-side suspension started rattling/clunking. Drove less than 5 minutes then pulled over to take a look at IAM. What I saw was rather disturbing.

Not trying to say my ECU would've been perfectly happy with MickeyD's stg1 map if I hadn't had clunking and rattling in the suspension, but on Cryo stg1 map all the Learning Table Values are 0 and the lowest FBKC I've seen so far were -2.11.

Initial 2nd/3rd gear WOT logs are attached for your viewing pleasure.

0_wtf.PNG.d928a6e4c1f5a8403d70e7025002724a.PNG

2ND.GEAR_WOT_20140327_184704.csv

AFTER_2ND.GEAR_WOT_20140327-205416.png.8dd6cb956d3fbf9d0dc2cd6827a700ac.png

3RD.GEAR_WOT_20140328_083253.csv

AFTER_3RD.GEAR_WOT_20140328-084957.png.e8a37c5b9c76d3a19767786f6f571c45.png

i did notice other day just a bit of rattling on the left front side in the suspensions some new parts are tight in there a bit.

so should i flash sage 1 map in the car? whats the difference from stock? car goes faster? :D I IS total noob at this keep in mind. from your logs i see iam and knocks are all good. so thats good i guess

http://s13.postimg.org/nbkaxd0yv/Learning_View_SS_D2_ZU002_A_2014_03_13_21_06_15.jpg

right now i am trying to find green connectors in the car...

EDIT: OK this is INSANE i just found the green cable and apparently it was connected the whole time i owned this car:|

there was also some brown cable that i connected and interior light started to flicker. also with any of those cables connected radiotor fan did not move at all.

whatever i did with cables connected or not ECUFLASH still gives me an error. and when it does speedometer gauges freeze.

Edited by giogio43

giogio43, you'll need to start a new thread here in the Tuning section, many of your questions are going above and beyond the intent of this thread, which, amongst others, assumes a basic knowledge of datalogging.

giogio43, you'll need to start a new thread here in the Tuning section, many of your questions are going above and beyond the intent of this thread, which, amongst others, assumes a basic knowledge of datalogging.

you are right :cool:

Before attempting to read from or write to ECU using ECUFlash, you must make sure the GREEN test leads are connected under the glove box and passenger side carpet. Once connected and when ignition is switched to ON you'll hear the radiator fan turn on and off over and over again, until you press read or write on ECUFlash, then the fan stops.

That's the procedure I have to follow on my USDM LGT, I'm tended to assume that the same applies to JDM vehicles

Not always true. I am gathering this is true of some models, but not all. My '07 JDM (same as '08 USDM) using Tactrix / Canbus, does not need green connectors plugged in. In fact, plugging these in STOPS it from working. However giogio43 might be in the same boat as you, since his is also an '05 model.

Not always true. I am gathering this is true of some models, but not all. My '07 JDM (same as '08 USDM) using Tactrix / Canbus, does not need green connectors plugged in. In fact, plugging these in STOPS it from working. However giogio43 might be in the same boat as you, since his is also an '05 model.

green or white cables connected or not this ecuflash still does not read. gives an error

i am suspecting that it could be a cables fault but as we earlier sorted this out one i have with BL chip works for everything.

i dont know if it was ok but green cable was connected all the time and i was driving like that hope it did not mess anything up.

If your specific ECU is not listed in the supported ECU definition, I would treat it as such and not rely on any tuning solution wich does not explicitly list it. If it was so close as to be pretty much identical, it would be either trivial to include support, or would be on the list to begin with.

If I were you, I would inquire on ROMRaider forums to see if anyone knows any specifics as to compatibility issues, etc.

Either way, at the moment you are using a tool that technically does not support your vehicle, therefore any and all issues could potentially be caused by this lack of compatibility.

My car is behaving rather strange today during commute this afternoon, and the FBKC is absolutely off the charts (less than -11 degrees at some point :eek:). Today has been the warmest day since I started this whole tuning business.

Under light acceleration the engine feels like the fuel is being cut and acceleration becomes slightly intermittent. Could it be a bad fuel pump or clogged fuel filter? The fuel is rich. How about a leaking stock TMIC? What else could it be?

I am going to avoid WOT acceleration, and flash the stock ROM until I address this problem.

Below is the alarming log which was started during cruise. No WOT acceleration prior to this. Another log taken shortly thereafter and LTV captured between the two logs.

Log #1

LTV

Log #2

I am going to avoid WOT acceleration, and flash the stock ROM until I address this problem.

Feedback Knock Correction

IAM

Knock Sum

i dont have all those parameters in my RR what is wrong with this damn car :spin::spin::spin:

o and whats WOT exactly>? floor the pedal and...

My car is behaving rather strange today during commute this afternoon, and the FBKC is absolutely off the charts (less than -11 degrees at some point :eek:). Today has been the warmest day since I started this whole tuning business.

Under light acceleration the engine feels like the fuel is being cut and acceleration becomes slightly intermittent. Could it be a bad fuel pump or clogged fuel filter? The fuel is rich. How about a leaking stock TMIC? What else could it be?

Below is the alarming log which was started during cruise. No WOT acceleration prior to this. Another log taken shortly thereafter and LTV captured between the two logs.

Log #1

LTV

Log #2

2500-2600 rpm seems to be the rpm range at which you either start to get FBKC or see it hit again (and again). Nothing rattling underneath anywhere that you can tell huh?

That 1st log has the really big FBKC hits, then it seems to calm down even though you get some more FBKC hits interspersed afterwards. Was the 1st log taken shortly after starting the car cold(ish)? Just wondering if something's rattling while underhood temps are cooler, then thermal expansion kicks in and the rattling subsides a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Ran another WOT log today. Anyone care to comment?

Cobb OTS stg2 on their latest 91oct map, but running 93oct. Beautiful, cool, 56* day with 25% humidity, elevation around 1000ft. I've never seen over 16PSI until today...

datalog17.csv