LegacyGT.com

Is it comprehensive or collision

I was parked at work all day and right when i got home i saw that my passenger side bumper was smashed in. Bunch of grease or black tire shine shit all over it. brake lights cracked with the same stuff smeared over it. I have to see if one of the other business have a camera on the parking lot but sounds like im f'ed at this point. i didnt see any cameras when i went back. My question is will insurance put this under comprehensive or collision?

This would fall under your UMPD or uninsured motorist property damage coverage. It's what is used if someone without insurance hits you or if someone hits you and runs.

It can vary state by state, however I believe most states require all policies to carry the coverage.

Yes you still need to pay for your deductible should go under comprehensive since you were not there to witness what made the damage.Most likely the adjuster will put it as collision tho since it really sounds like another car hit it.

p.s even if you had uninsured motorist it wouldnt cover a hit and run,still a good coverage to have.

Yes you still need to pay for your deductible should go under comprehensive since you were not there to witness what made the damage.Most likely the adjuster will put it as collision tho since it really sounds like another car hit it.

p.s even if you had uninsured motorist it wouldnt cover a hit and run,still a good coverage to have.

My insurance agent told me that uninsured motorist is covered for hit & run. Or my insurance agent is BSing me? :confused:

If you want the CORRECT answer....it is a COLLISION loss. Whether or not you know who did it, it is clear something COLLIDED with the vehicle. Nobody vandalized it nor did an animal strike it (COMPREHENSIVE).

Some states have uninsured property damage coverage, MOST DO NOT. Do not confuse this with uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage which deals only with injuries.

It will be a non-chargeable collision loss, you will be responsible for your deductible.

It's amazing the number of claims reported "my car was hit while parked and unoccupied" yet we never see any reported "i struck a parked car and took off"

I was just involved in a hit and run and my insurance agent told me it was collision. It fu#$ing sucks man, plus my collision deductible in $1k so $700 to fix it isnt worth reporting. I wish there was better news for you and me. There should be something in place to take car of this type of stuff.

thats what my deductible is. well at least i found a unpainted oem for like 200 shipped(bumper skin only which im hoping is all it is) and i have friends that paint professionally. Going to see what his contacts can get for me first.

Archived