LegacyGT.com

2005 legacy gt wagon, how can I lift it like the outback?

Sell the LGT Wagon on here (TONS of people want them) then take the money and buy an OBXT, probably while making a profit. Save yourself the headaches and troubles of swapping suspensions, to get the same car.

Heck, you could probably get a few OBXT owners to swap you outright..... it seems many want to lower theirs.

Sell the LGT Wagon on here (TONS of people want them) then take the money and buy an OBXT, probably while making a pr

ofit. Save yourself the headaches and troubles of swapping suspensions, to get the same car.

Heck, you could probably get a few OBXT owners to swap you outright..... it seems many want to lower theirs.

Trying to do swap but not many are willing to i think. Ill even swap for a 2.5i since its her car.

one of my many projects is little hydraulic cylinders doughnut shaped that would fit in with the springs so you could lift your car 1 2 3 or 4" any time .. i so need to quit my job !

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Sell the LGT Wagon on here (TONS of people want them) then take the money and buy an OBXT, probably while making a profit. Save yourself the headaches and troubles of swapping suspensions, to get the same car.

^ this.. unless you're dead set on the current wagon

Funny, I'm swapping out my OBXT suspension for Legacy GT swift springs and tokico's so I can get it down to lowerd LGT level. The OB shocks are taller than the LGT and the bump stops are taller as well. You could swap the shock/spring setup directly in and then get the OB bumpstops to top it all off.

heh it's already been done Frank_ster... I believe they call it... Air-ride... it's lighter then hydraulic systems too!

yea ? where u gonna put it ! i have seen the air strut conversion .. but they completely remouve the shock part .. so its only for show .. remember this is a macpherson strut not a chevy pickup.

with my doughnut cylinder. ( witch may be air actuated ) will only increase preload of the spring and not change the rate. so will effectivly raise your car with out making it ride like a truck.

you show me a air ride system that will fit on my car and not make the car a peice of shit and i will buy it instantly ..

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

OBXT to Legacy suspension I understand... I'm considering it now. But the other direction? Have you ever felt stock OBXT suspension? It is a boat, and there isn't a lot of aftermarket support to help fix it.

hmmm.... maybe you could make a trip to visit the OP and you two could swap titles.... not as interesting as a wife swap, but it seems like you each want some of that greener grass on the other side :cool:

Archived