LegacyGT.com

Strange Looking Romraider Dyno

kred

I dynoed my 2.5i on romraider because it doesn't seem to have the upper end power like I feel it should. Peak torque was below 2000 rpms and it dropped like a bullet, loosing half it's torque by 6000 rpms. Peak horsepower was embarrassingly low. This was just after I had it opensource tuned. Could something be wrong? Could it be like a failing fuel pump or fuel injector problem?

Post a log of a 3rd gear pull from 2000rpm to as near the redline as possible. Log the following:

A/F Learning #1 (2-byte)** (%)

A/F Sensor #1 (2-byte)** (estimated AFR)

Engine Speed (rpm)

Feedback Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)

Fine Learning Knock Correction (1-byte)** (degrees)

IAM (1-byte)** (multiplier)

Ignition Total Timing (degrees)

Intake Air Temperature (F)

Knock Sum* (count)

Manifold Relative Pressure (4-byte)* (psi relative)

Mass Airflow (g/s)

These may be slightly different on your engine because it's not a turbo but you should be able to find similar parameters.

I don't know much about the N/A engines (and I don't think too many people on these forums do). However, it does look like you're down on power. 68 g/s peak airflow seems low to me. Fueling looks fine and A/F corrections/learning also look fine so probably no intake leaks.

Is your air filter clean?

Have you spoke with your tuner?

Dave

I have, but he says that my logs look great and by the logs, there doesn't appear to be a problem. I could swear my car isn't making the power it's supposed to. I don't know who else to turn to now. Is the Romraider dyno accurate or is it just a completely fake dyno?

Archived