LegacyGT.com

Am I wrong ....

I have written about this in the past,,no not brake,clutch ,exhaust problems but that of simple resale.

German cars which used to be over engineered ad neaseum like entry level toyota's were a carefully designed plan to get youngsters,as in first time buyers to become loyal to the badge.

The somewhat incremental changes have payed off for Subaru in that their resale price have eclipsed all other makers,,,certainly a surprise for me ...however when you see what Porsche has done with their basic 911 design over nearly 3 score of years replacing the 356 that strategy has paid off.

OK.,,,OK,,,

I'll ask a real meatloaf question....

What would be the approximate worth of my 2006 Spec-B #-18 be worth....

More than well maintained and around 31,000 to soon pass the gauge.No dents to speak of.

To be honest I'm not sure but I would hop on that deal if I had the money. My Legacy has almost 210k miles and I'm worried it's at the end of it's life; I'd be stranded if it ever croaked on me. You're in NJ so it's kinda far away but I'm sure I could have it toad to Virginia. It really bugs me that I can't buy it.

Eh depending on how long you care about it taking to sell, id say the right enthusiast looking for a mint car would go alittle higher. Patience to sell is key. Id say you could get up to 18k if you have truly babied it

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

It has received more attention then it deserved.

Indeed ,it is a half score of years old or nearly so but doesn't look out of date and in addition it will run will almost any other so called performance sedan made today and probably beat them.

Something might be said of only 500 being built total but not me for the replacement problem exists and for my research yields nothing comparable.

Thanks for the inputs.....it is appreciated..

Your comment comparing against other sedans, I find myself wondering why Subaru chose to market the more pedestrian models in the US, when in other parts of the world, Subaru has a much more performance oriented reputation : like a Legacy H6 mated to a manual trans , available elsewhere , not here.

You are absolutely spot on.

Whether it is the American penchant for almost immediately modifying a brand new car or they those manufacturers of car export nations regard us as true novices in the world of car afficiearnardos is unknown.Our cars are known for being overhorspowered who simply can't turn a corner as well as any European or high end japanese product,,indeed it's simply considered drag street Material..nothing more unfortunately and there is truth in that belief.

It's like comparing formula -1 cars to Indy cars,,,,somewhat comparable but when you look deeper they are truly worlds apart.

Why 6 speeds,,,and not 10 speeds..or 15 ..A five speed should cover the range of the cars capabilities.

Finally as implied Europeans are more than satisfied in the product they decided upon and COULD NOT..or WOULD NOT effect changes........we Do...

The 6MT is essentially, in practical terms, an STi transmission. They can take one hell of a beating and not give up.

Our 5MTs aren't glass, (like the 02-07 wrx) but they're nowhere near as strong as a 6MT.

If there is any problem with the 4th generation legacy's 5 speed manual transmission it's their 2nd gear,,,,that problem is well known to plague them all .Ive heard so many story's about that Achilles heel I'll sometimes not drop down to second but go from first to third........that's if the right fielder don't have a canon for an arm.

Syncro failure seems far more common. Every 2nd gear failure i've seen (which haven't been a lot on the Legacy) are a direct result of hard launching. Early WRX transmissions have a far greater failure rate than our design, they'd strip gears at stock power levels with a bit of abuse.

Archived