LegacyGT.com

Problem with iPhone in 2013

Bootsie

I am having some trouble with hooking my iPhone up to the USB connector in my new 2013 legacy...

I can stream music through Bluetooth just fine but when I plug the phone into the USB in the center console and change the mode to USB the radio says reading for a moment then it will play 2 seconds of whatever the song is and just stop.. It displays the song time which just sits at the same place, I cannot push play on the iPhone because it says it is hooked up to an accessory and won't let me access music controls. Am I just missing a play button somewhere on the radio? I am confused...

Thanks for any help

Yes it will skip to the next song but not play it at all, basically the song number and timer just change, but it is silent.

Also if I unplug/replug the phone it just plays 2 seconds and stops again...

Thanks, however I don't have the iPod interface, I am trying to connect it through the USB...

I have been through the owners manual and all I can think of it the phone is too new? It is and iPhone 4S.... I am sure there is someone else here with a 2013 who has tried to hook up their 4S, any issues?

OK so why are you using the USB when bluetooth works great? :iam:

X

Charging when the battery is low... As well as the volume seems low over Bluetooth, but I'm not sure if it is better over USB since I aren't been able to use it...

The link applies to the USB port too. My friend has a 4S and tried it in my car. If I remember right the functionality was off/on. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. I think it might be a support problem.

I do bluetooth and use a charger. Same difference. I like it better since I retain full iphone functionality. Volume seems fine to me. And it auto connects/disconnects and if I have a full charge I do not worry about connecting the phone.

X

---

The link applies to the USB port too. My friend has a 4S and tried it in my car. If I remember right the functionality was off/on. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. I think it might be a support problem.

I'll look it over again, thanks! That is weird maybe it will work better with the next software update...

I do bluetooth and use a charger. Same difference. I like it better since I retain full iphone functionality. Volume seems fine to me. And it auto connects/disconnects and if I have a full charge I do not worry about connecting the phone.

X

Yes I could do that but I don't have a charger (old car charged the phone for me) and it is more about the fact that my brand new car is being weird, there are ways around it and I will definitely use it on Bluetooth more, but I would like to have all the options I paid for available to me...

I figured out the volume issue so that is fine now.... But is there anyone else on this forum with an iPhone and a 2013 leggy that could chime in if their radio works? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2013 Legacy Limited. I have noticed with my iPhone 4 that Pandora and music on the phone will work fine with bluetooth and USB. However I cannot play youtube videos. It plays for 2 seconds and stops every time. I have tried it through the USB and the bluetooth. Same thing happens. If I keep hitting the play button on my phone, after several times, the phone will have the connected symbol lit up in the youtube app and the song will play however I cannot find where it is playing to. I played with all the modes, still can't find it. I got youtube songs to play once though the car speakers on bluetooth. I haven't been able to figure it out since.

I currently have iOS 6.1 installed on my iPhone. There is an update available for my iPhone. I just haven't done it yet.

Thoughts?

Archived