LegacyGT.com

Test drove an Evo MR today ....

... what a beast ... the car growls when idling. Quick as hell (couldn't go too nuts with sales dude with me). Beautiful inside and out .. thinking of trading in my 05 L GT Ltd for a more "spirited" ride. Thoughts .. ???

Great questions .... I've been to one Suby dealer and they wouldn't let me test the STI, I'm actually going to a few more tomorrow .. we'll see. I've been to 2 Mitsubishi dealers and tested both Evo GSR and MR. To be honest, I haven't been totally pleased with my L Gt .. 2 bad O2 sensors and a bad fuel injector .. pre 50,000 miles. I've always taken care maintenance wise .. oh, I'm 50 ..

I've given a bit of thought to one as well.

I'm Surprised to hear one of the local dealers wouldn't let you test drive the STi. I'm pretty sure I would choose the EVO over the STi as I'm getting sick of shifting (especially when getting stuck in traffic of any kind).

I Had an 06 MR for 3 months while i lived in boston, If you live in a city or residential i wouldn't recommend the trade unless you have a track you go to. the interior in the MR is lovely in my opinion, I've driven every revision of the STi and comparably they're not too different in performance. I loved the MR as a toy, and would love to have another one right now back here in Alaska, i would rally that shit, pardon my language, but that's what they're made for. Power wise id say the evo 8 feels more ballsy then the sti till 08 and I don't like the hatchy ones that much. if you're replacing a toy for a toy then do it. IMHO, but if your trading your daily for a daily then I wouldn't do it. :D

I've given a bit of thought to one as well.

I'm Surprised to hear one of the local dealers wouldn't let you test drive the STi. I'm pretty sure I would choose the EVO over the STi as I'm getting sick of shifting (especially when getting stuck in traffic of any kind).

I believe that all EVO MRs are paired witha 6 speed manual :/

:lol::lol: ^^ i was planning to get evo x before lgt but went with subaru for little bit more lux option it had for the price. evos are drag, track, fun cars imo. subies are more for out door and some tracks, even people who test both cars say subies are more tough built than evos which is a toy car. id get an 2011+ sti sedan anyday over evo.

get what ever makes you happy..

All the EVO X's in the MR trim are the dual clutch tranny. The GSR is the only one that's manual.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OH yeah, sorry EVO X EWWWWWW hahaha, not really a rally car :/

i dislike the 10's and their survivability, nodeal.:spin:

Archived