LegacyGT.com

Mod question

As stated in another thread, I had an accident with my 2.5i this past weekend and as of right now chances are it will be repairable but close to totalled, still waiting on an estimate for the mechanical damage... this might be the icing on the cake.

So, just in case it's not declared a loss, that means I'm going to end up keeping this car for a long while since I wont get diddly squat for it now that it's been involved in an accident with "severe" damage. I love the fact that I have AWD and it gets decent gas mileage for being so, but I'm not fond of the lack of power it has. And obviously I can't get an LGT if my car isn't totalled. So... I want to get an idea of performance mods that will help an N/A Legacy. I'm looking to up the performance to about 200 horsepower or so. I'm not going to drop a turbo in it or anything, just want a little more "umph" so to speak. It is a 4EAT as well, regret that decision...

200 wheel HP will be tough and expensive! The 2.5i isn't a platform for modding or making big power. Sorry to tell you:( The mosst power you can hope to make would be with a turbo or supercharger addition. And even if you didnt want to boost it you would have to build a high dollar high compression stroked block which would cost more that boosting it and then you would have to run close to race gas all the time.

Point being you are screwed with power while owning a 2.5i. Now if you had a H6 that would be a different story. As far as power there isn't much to be had cheaply for us 2.5i-ers. If you cna sell your 2.5i for any amount of money you could look into a 05-06 LGT used for not too outrageous a price.

Ugh true. I wasn't looking for 200 WHP though, I know that wouldn't be possible. Just wanted to get a little more fun out of the car that's all. Plus I still have a loan on the car so I won't be able to sell it or trade it in without going upside down.

When I had my 2.5i, I focused on it's function more then it's performance... gets me to work, gets me home... looks pretty decent... may not perform well but whatever. I had it tinted and put in a sound system... was going to do rims and lower it, but at that point, I wanted the power too and upgraded (costing me significantly) to the Spec B... if I was to do it again, i'd of kept my little 2.5i and waited... But boost is MUCH more fun ;)

Archived