LegacyGT.com

OEM subwoofer install in 06 2.5i

BravoZero

I'm looking to install the OEM sub in my 2006 2.5i since I'm not going to fool with the dual climate control head unit. My car is the Limited, but it didn't come with the subwoofer. How hard would it be to install one? I'm sure it's just a matter of mounting it under the passenger seat, running the wires under the carpet and up to the back of the head unit, right?

From the little that I have read on it, it isn't difficult at all. For my '03 it would involve finding the audio wiring harness behind the factory radio and plug in the subaru sub harness. Then route the wires to the underseat location and attach the bracket to the seat mount and plug in the other end of the sub harness into the sub.

I could be WAAAAY off and I'd like to point that out, but this is my understanding of how this system works. Overall, I don't think it would be too painful a job. Maybe 2-3 hours?

I would think the most difficult part is removing the seat and routing the cables underneath the center console to connect to the back of the unit. I've installed sound systems in my previous vehicles, but I'm learning that Subaru's aren't exactly user friendly so I wanted to make sure there's nothing super special I have to do.

Subaru's web site allows you to download the installation instructions for their accessories for free. Find the ones for subwoofers ("sub woofer"). Search for your model and year. Link:

http://techinfo.subaru.com/search/index.html

(select Publication Type "Accessory Installation Guide" and optionally filter by your model/year and/or keyword such as "woofer").

Archived