LegacyGT.com

Help me!!!!

My 09 legacy 2.5 i has a check engine light on plus the cruise control light is blinking and the traction control off light is on as well. I wouldnt think twice about it if the cel was on by itself but its the other two lights that worry me if any knows what this means please let me know

it means there is most likely something wrong with the intake, be it the IAC or tps or something like that. Its an 09 bring it in to the dealer tomorrow, its an easy fix that doesn't effect much, it will just get bad gas millage most likely and you wont be able to use cruise

Always thought this was the cause of tires spinning out of sync and the computer getting all confused. I had it twice on my old GT and it went away after a day. Maybe this is the same. Have you been mudding recently? :lol:

X

---

O way thank you mister knower of all CEL's

I dont know them all, but that one was pretty common on land rovers and figured it may be just that. I actually had the same thing happen with my 08 and it was an MAF sensor. I don't see you posting any USEFULL help.

it means there is most likely something wrong with the intake, be it the IAC or tps or something like that. Its an 09 bring it in to the dealer tomorrow, its an easy fix that doesn't effect much, it will just get bad gas millage most likely and you wont be able to use cruise

Nice try :lol::spin:

Anytime the Check Engine light comes on, the Cruise and VDC are disabled casuing those warning lights to come on as well.

Fix (or let the dealer fix) whatever is causing the CEL and the other lights will go out.

Tighten your gas cap?

There are 100+ reasons/codes why the check engine light comes on. However when it does the VDC and Cruise will be disabled and that is why those lights are on.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Subaru has an annoying cel sequence. On mine, the cel comes on, the traction control light comes on, the cruise light flashes, it switches to S mode if in S# and that indicator then flashes as well. I guess they don't want you to miss it.

No they do it for a reason(i.e if the Vehicle Speed Sensor goes bad, how can the cruise control work or deactivate if that is bad?).
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Better be annoyed than dead or seriously injured.

I think death or serious injury due to a check engine light is a bit extreme.. :rolleyes:

It's not a huge deal, just weird to me that there are 4 lights blinking on the dash to let you know there is a CEL. That seems more likely to cause death or serious injury due to the distracting lights/blinking.

I think death or serious injury due to a check engine light is a bit extreme.. :rolleyes:

It's not a huge deal, just weird to me that there are 4 lights blinking on the dash to let you know there is a CEL. That seems more likely to cause death or serious injury due to the distracting lights/blinking.

In that case, a flashing police/firetruck/ambulance will be just as bad. What about flashing amber and red lights at traffic lights?:rolleyes:

Those other lights are there because of that particular system is not working and it is letting the driver know this. No big deal.

Does the car seem to run OK otherwise? Start with the simple things- check your gas cap- a loose cap can cause a CEL. It should go away if this is the problem.

If that doesn't work, then you need to read the CEL Code- you can do this at many auto parts stores or you can purchase a cheap ODB II reader for about $40 (here's one from Harbor Freight: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=94169)

Or you can take it to the dealership and they will be glad to diagnose and fix the issue for you.

Good luck- please let us know how things turn out!

You wouldn't think twice about a CEL on a nearly brand new car?

I don't even know what to say to that.

+1

If the CEL comes on by itself, it means you should stop the car as soon as possible and do not drive it any further. It is something seriously wrong.

If the CEL comes on with the cruise light, then it's OK to drive but get it looked at asap.

+1

If the CEL comes on by itself, it means you should stop the car as soon as possible and do not drive it any further. It is something seriously wrong.

If the CEL comes on with the cruise light, then it's OK to drive but get it looked at asap.

No.

If the CEL comes on and is flashing, you need to stop right away and shut it off, otherwise as long as it is not flashing you can drive it to where you are going to get it looked at.

that's what i meant :redface:

:D

Hey sorry the delay everyone ive been very busy. I was able to pull the code and it was a p0108 which for anyone who doesnt know the manifold absolute pressure high input. I have no idea why the code set but the car drove perfectly normal i didnt notice a single thing. Usually when i get a cel on any of my past cars iva fixed them myself considering i graduating votech for mechanical work and i am now at college for body work. I decided to take it to the dealer for service but before i got there the light shut itself off i believe it has a 5 key cycle clear setting. So im just watching it to see if it happens again. I only asked for help because if the other two lights ive never seen that happen thanks for all the help.

Archived