LegacyGT.com

Official "Looking to swap interior" thread!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone with a tan interior swapped their tan seats out for black OEM seats?

More than likely my car will be repairable from my accident this past weekend and since now I'll definitely be keeping this car for a while, I want to swap the OEM tan leather seats for OEM cloth seats, tan or black.

I went from black to tan. Dash, doors, and center console as well. It doesn't get that hot so black won't be that bad in NoVa where as Texas I would sway from it. My personal experience with tan is, every place you take your car to will give you the car back with worse looking seats than when you turned it of to them. I ordered a seat from a totaled legacy to get my air bag light off and the lower miles car had and even worse skin on it than mine.

Has anyone with a tan interior swapped their tan seats out for black OEM seats?

More than likely my car will be repairable from my accident this past weekend and since now I'll definitely be keeping this car for a while, I want to swap the OEM tan leather seats for OEM cloth seats, tan or black.

This is no longer needed. Got a call from my insurance saying that it is considered totalled.

I'm looking for a black glove box if anyone can help me out.

I'm curious how to get the lock from my glove box into the new one, has anyone put a guide how to do this?

Not that hard once you figure out the workings of it. Don't lose the screws or the spring that will tuck and roll out of sight forever when you take the cylinder part out. Just move the handle after you separate the cubby part from the actual external side and watch it move. Take it apart and swap them over. I wanted to take pics when Mr_luv and I did the swap between 2 cars but we were against the clock for epi..(oh damn almost said it!) downpour. Second we got the last seat bolted in it rained for 3 days. I haven't touched my car in a few days since it accidentally on me. I might take the cover off and take a pic drawing arrows and circling stuff. Give me a few hrs if you haven't already started.

Still trying to find time to take it apart. The arm that connects the glove box handle to lock is what you watch. pull the plastic cubby part off with 3-5 Phillips screws on sides/bottom and pull handle to watch it move. when taking apart just be careful of spring and a little black rubber piece that flies/falls off. best bet is do this inside where there is way more space and visible floor in the event it does go flying. Not a eye safety just a minor frustrating flying off issue.

Good shi cause I got a 05 seat to replace this 06 one and the 05 skin looks like complete arse to just do a hot swap. It's getting warmer out I might do it over the weekend.