LegacyGT.com

Official "Looking to swap interior" thread!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

recently bought an 05lgt of a member on this forum. Car had 08 sti front seats installed upon purchase. The plugs dont match up so i dont have side airbags, or heated seats. Is there anyway to swap plugs?

recently bought an 05lgt of a member on this forum. Car had 08 sti front seats installed upon purchase. The plugs dont match up so i dont have side airbags, or heated seats. Is there anyway to swap plugs?

05 LGT passenger seat bottom is what I had to do for my issue since 06 and up was a major change in the sensors and even where the passenger seat belt bolts to. I'm not even sure if the bottoms swap out for the STi. Did they even have heated seats?

IIRC seat not hooked up and airbag light on, you have no working airbags. Anyone find that info to be inaccurate?

Im just going off what the previous owner told me. He said the front airbags shouldnt be affected by he thinks the side bags arnt working. I love the seats they make the interior but im not sure if I can keep riding around not knowing wether or not if i wreck those bags will deploy.

Im just going off what the previous owner told me. He said the front airbags shouldnt be affected by he thinks the side bags arnt working. I love the seats they make the interior but im not sure if I can keep riding around not knowing wether or not if i wreck those bags will deploy.

Was side airbags a heavy decision on your car choice? I understand the desire to want functioning front airbags, but if you had bought the car a few years older it wouldn't have come equipped with the side airbags anyway.

If you truly require side airbags, so be it, figure out a fix or offer up a trade, lots of people on here would probably be willing to put STI seats in their LGT.

Just wanted to offer up a different perspective. I know side airbags aren't high on my list when looking into my needs for a performance car.

Was side airbags a heavy decision on your car choice? I understand the desire to want functioning front airbags, but if you had bought the car a few years older it wouldn't have come equipped with the side airbags anyway.

If you truly require side airbags, so be it, figure out a fix or offer up a trade, lots of people on here would probably be willing to put STI seats in their LGT.

Just wanted to offer up a different perspective. I know side airbags aren't high on my list when looking into my needs for a performance car.

Some places they might ding you for safety inspection since the car originally came with em in the VIN look up. Then you have to deal with insurance company when the car should be totaled from the bags being deployed(or lack of). If it wasn't for that, I would have never went on a manhunt for the 05 seat bottom.

Wonder if a resistor mod would do the trick.

Was told that just turns the light off. Not make it always see a passenger sitting in the seat. (This was also speculation)

Very good argument on the insurance part Merc6. If you were injured from a side impact and an adjuster with a little knowledge realized you didn't have OEM seats... they'd probably drop the entire claim and you'd be screwed....

I would be leary of playing around with resistors and the airbag system... but it just wouldn't make sense to me to disable the entire system if one component was missing.

What if you had an object on your back floorboard and slammed on your brakes, causing it to roll into your wires and disconnect your seat airbag then you rearend the car in front of you.... sure would suck if that disabled your ENTIRE system...

Anyway... its probably best to get the right seats as far as insurance is concerned.

Well I do have the 05 seat bottoms.. but being that I have little wiring experience that may be to big of a project for me too tackle. Thanks for all of your help, this forum is very helpful...

Ill post back later once ive decided what I am going to do.

Very good argument on the insurance part Merc6. If you were injured from a side impact and an adjuster with a little knowledge realized you didn't have OEM seats... they'd probably drop the entire claim and you'd be screwed....

I would be leary of playing around with resistors and the airbag system... but it just wouldn't make sense to me to disable the entire system if one component was missing.

What if you had an object on your back floorboard and slammed on your brakes, causing it to roll into your wires and disconnect your seat airbag then you rearend the car in front of you.... sure would suck if that disabled your ENTIRE system...

Anyway... its probably best to get the right seats as far as insurance is concerned.

Those connectors under the seat are not that easy to purposely take apart. It takes some skill and a screw driver to release em. As I said I'm not completely sure if it disables the entire system cause it failed the self check test on start up. Car manufacturers do some incredibly weird things that make you wonder how much schooling do you need to design a car. I kinda wish there was a normal people panel that goes around asking why is this feature a limited option on a GT or SS model when the base model has it?

/rant

Well I do have the 05 seat bottoms.. but being that I have little wiring experience that may be to big of a project for me too tackle. Thanks for all of your help, this forum is very helpful...

Ill post back later once ive decided what I am going to do.

I never did the wiring I ended up just getting the entire 05 seat.

Edited by Merc6

Has anyone with a tan interior swapped their tan seats out for black OEM seats?

More than likely my car will be repairable from my accident this past weekend and since now I'll definitely be keeping this car for a while, I want to swap the OEM tan leather seats for OEM cloth seats, tan or black.

I would LOOOOVE to buy an entire red spec b seating set (as well as the door panels) or swap my fabric seats and cash for a set with someone. Or if anyone knows where i could find this i would appreciate it.

Only chance would be an LKQ or salvage yard as they are only 400(?) and most take care of them.

There will be 2 hooks to modify for the seats back to fit. The non folding back seats are using those for security. I assume you are getting the latches that the fold down seats hook to/release from? Were these fold downs like the Shrek B with ignition key locks? I never did the lock conversion on the seats but the glove box wasn't that hard. You just have to watch out for the spring that flies out and buries it's self somewhere inside the car/house when taken apart.

The seats did not come with the latches. I'm gonna need to buy those separately. On the fold down mechanism there is a key slot, so I guess it does use the ignition key like the Spec.B seats.

Has anyone with a tan interior swapped their tan seats out for black OEM seats?

More than likely my car will be repairable from my accident this past weekend and since now I'll definitely be keeping this car for a while, I want to swap the OEM tan leather seats for OEM cloth seats, tan or black.

Easy swap. I have black heated cloth available. :)

The seats did not come with the latches. I'm gonna need to buy those separately. On the fold down mechanism there is a key slot, so I guess it does use the ignition key like the Spec.B seats.

Yeah the hooks can be bent or removed with hammer. I don't have pics of the latch I'm talking about but so long as they ask you for a vin parts dept can find it out. Will try and scan my old photos for em.

Good to know. That would be great, thanks.

meant to say so long as they don't ask for a vin.

Sorry stole pic from original owner... near the center seat belt is the piece you need.

Other one is gonna be on opposite side to also hold that seat back.

To the far right you see a grey area that does not look body color. This was 1 of 2 hooks uses to secure the non folding seat back.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/1444636128_ce52f0e914_b.jpg

Better pic...

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/1444661612_926c7c7ee3_b.jpg

Edited by Merc6

Whats the best way to find wrecked cars? I'm down to only needing a few miscellaneous parts and the carpet.

PM him asap if you are down for the drive.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-nj-complete-part-out-05-lgt-limited-5mt-rbp-153245.html