LegacyGT.com

Sirius OUT, Slacker IN

rao

After being thoroughly pissed off about the Sirius/XM merged stations I canceled my 4 subscriptions (actually I called to cancel them all and they gave me a few free months, but it is gone and I took the receiver out of the Legacy). I bought a Slacker G2. http://www.slacker.com It is kind of a PITA to use in the car but it is a brilliant idea and it is great. I first used the website t o listen and customize some stations for a few weeks. I am still working on a more permanent ounting solution for the Legacy, but I will figure that out.

Highly recommended. :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats changed? I listen to all of 6 channels on my Sirius (Trance/ESPN/NFL radio) and nothings changed with them :D

same here, not the same channels you list.. but still. nothing's changed on my end of the merger. except a few channels changed numbers.

when my AC/DC radio dies in january... ok, then i may be upset. ;)

The sound quality is as good or better than the Sirius - the only hickup is that the output is LOW. It holds something like 2500 songs and they are changed whenever you refresh :)

You mean the volume of the output on the headphone jack?

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

so where have you mounted this thing?

I'm ok with the switched; not completely thrilled. every time I turn on my car i get the "this station is off air" crap and have to hit a button to get a station to come on now. gets annoying after a while.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Most interested....

Subscribed to thread. Thanks for the heads-up on this, rao - I'm really retarded when it comes to this kind of stuff. :)

The wifey's been complaining that she's really disappointed with the programming, after the merger, too.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

i really need to look into it more. I have two units. could get rid of one and get this. with a 40min drive i tend to switch music around from rock to alternative to classic rock, etc..... that concerns me a bit with slacker.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 3 weeks later...

I might consider one of these. I was planning to get an XM subscription with my tax returns but since the merger all of the good alternative stations are gone. No more lucy, fred, etc. You would think when they merge they would maintain the stations or at least give some options. Many people seem to be upset about this.

I like slacker but I don't know if I would ever pay for it though.

four words "Howard" "Stern" "Lifetime" "subscription" :) I'm adding another sirrius to my Suburban in the morning.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

four words "Howard" "Stern" "Lifetime" "subscription" :) I'm adding another sirrius to my Suburban in the morning.

3 words. "Anything" "else" "Robin?". :lol: Stern's been phoning it in for the past 18 months. Heh heh. I'll still listen until he retires, because I've been on board for 22+ years, but the show just isn't as good as it used to be.

this is my complaint too. first wave is pretty good, but still miss fred

I might consider one of these. I was planning to get an XM subscription with my tax returns but since the merger all of the good alternative stations are gone. No more lucy, fred, etc. You would think when they merge they would maintain the stations or at least give some options. Many people seem to be upset about this.

I like slacker but I don't know if I would ever pay for it though.

I have to say I miss Maxim as well and occasionally pick up the Rich/Covino show but when the hell is it actually on?

During NFL season I am listening to the NFL network 80% of the time, a little Playboy morning show, Lithium, AC/DC. I agree some programming changed for the worse but it will take a few months for the programming to work it's way out. There must be a forum or site to post your comments on thewir programming that they are reading.

I also like the fox hole. I have had sirius for the last 4 yrs and I still like it.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I have to say I miss Maxim as well and occasionally pick up the Rich/Covino show but when the hell is it actually on?

During NFL season I am listening to the NFL network 80% of the time, a little Playboy morning show, Lithium, AC/DC. I agree some programming changed for the worse but it will take a few months for the programming to work it's way out. There must be a forum or site to post your comments on thewir programming that they are reading.

Same channel.

Monday to Friday from noon to three.

Archived