LegacyGT.com

Trunk will not close completely

Pawlwawl06

After I close the trunk lid and it auto locks and I get the lights flashing/beep, i can still move it up and down. I can push it down and pull it up while its locked, and it moves quite a bit. When I hit a pothole, I can hear the trunk lid rattling, and I can actually look in my rear view mirror and see my trunk lid/spoiler vibrating from all the movement.

I tried to investigate the problem by looking at the latch mechanism but I don't really know what to look for. Just wondering if this has been a problem for anyone else.

well it worked, i got in there and i could actually see light coming in from underneath the bottom of the trunk lid. I just loosened the lower latch and pushed it down a bit, then tightened it back up. Now when the trunk closes, i can barely get it to move, awesome.

In the process of tightening all the screws for the latch on the trunk lid, I snapped one of the screws in half, leaving half of it screwed into the trunk. I'm hoping I can just drill a new hole right beside it without any problems.

there are products that will remove bolts that have been broken. Check at Lowes, Home Depot or Sears. they should have something to help ou with removing the bolt without drilling any unneeded holes.

Archived