LegacyGT.com

I've been tooling on the 06 LGT for the last couple weekends, getting it ready for PA inspection. Did the brakes; rotors, calipers, fluid and pads on Saturday. Man. Those front rotors were warped for the last 3 years. It made the driving experience awful. Huge difference. And I fussed around with turbo and banjos the weekend before.

It runs fine. I have been driving gingerly. Until Sunday Game Day retuning from the store.

The stop light on the drive home is two lanes, but the right lane merges in about 1/4 mile.

Big new Shiney Black SUV (Terrain?) pulls up to the right with blacked out windows.

I creeped up a few feet waiting for the light to change, SUV pulls out, and half way across the intersection, floors it. I can see and hear the SUV working hard.

I floored the LGT. Turbo kicked in What a freaking rocket. quick 5-6k shifts with the 5EAT!

SUV was a sore loser and had to tailgate for the next couple miles.

Are these Subaru Legacy Turbos sleepers or not?

Oh yeah. I normally drive the turbo diesel, Caddy STS-V or the C5 Corvette.

love the subie. big fan and this one is approaching 200k.

Wait till you go stage 2. If you haven't yet, your in for a big surprise.

A few month's back I dropped my wagon off to have the wheels balanced. As my GF is driving me to pick it up, I think to myself, I wonder if the guy is going to say something.

Sure enough, the girl couldn't find the key. She calls the owner out and tells him. He say's I wanted to talk with you about that car, "that things got some snout to it, it's not stock is it".

I just laughted. He has a few old high performance cars, so he was impressed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I love my 05 OBXT for these exact reasons. Plus I have the super stealth pkg, a car seat in the right rear w/ a medium blue Winnie The Pooh sunshade, and a rear seat full of coloring books and Disney Princess/Barbie items (no, they are not mine lol).

A few weeks ago a guy in a Stage 2 04 WRX ends up on the highway in the lane to my right. In an open section of the highway w/ no entrance/exit ramp access, we were finally able to have a quick go, 4th into 5th then bail. I pulled away a few carlengths (I waited til he got on it before going myself). We talked after taking an exit ramp, first thing he said was "I didn't think you were going to go at first, w/ that Winnie the Pooh shade in your window". Turns out he works as a cook at a Wegman's I go to all the time. Small world.

Archived