LegacyGT.com

Are faulty injectors warranted ??

slim

I have a '07 LGT with 21,000 well maintaned easy miles.Rough idling with no cel are my symptoms.Defective injectors are the main suspects.Aren't the injectors covered parts? "Subaru's basic coverage is 3 years or 36,000 miles.It covers the ENTIRE CAR.Subject to the exclusions listed in this warranty."

Exclusions ;"What is not covered:..any parts such as tires that are covered by their own warranties."Do not apply to me.

I was just wondering why this option was not offered by the dealer.:confused:

Are you using only 91 octane fuel or better? Has the dealer applied any/all available ECM updates?

It's not necessarily a bad injector...the SSM3 the dealers have can pinpoint if there is a hardware failure...it can monitor each cylinders performance, including spark, advance, roughness, etc.

No sorry it was $85.00.Always used 93 name brand gas.The last several months Texaco or Shell.

They also did a repropgram I believe for stumbling.I don't know if they used the SSM3 but they didn't mention any new found problems.

When warm the idle is better so for now I'll wait and see what happens.

No sorry it was $85.00.Always used 93 name brand gas.The last several months Texaco or Shell.

They also did a repropgram I believe for stumbling.I don't know if they used the SSM3 but they didn't mention any new found problems.

When warm the idle is better so for now I'll wait and see what happens.

Slim, can you describe your stumbling problem to me? I have what I think you could call a stumbling problem. Specifically when it is cold in the morning, and the engine is still cold, my engine stumbles when I accelerate from a stop light and almost stalls out but then catches and goes like normal. The idle is also slightly rough when it is cold outside at least until the engine has warmed up to normal operating temp.

Is that what your was doing? I have an 07 LGT 5SEAT.

Archived