LegacyGT.com

Where/ Price for install of springs

loc

I'm in St. Charles, IL. I ordered some Rallitek springs for my 07 GT, I should be getting them on friday. I'm looking for a shop to have them installed. I know you guys are pretty knowledgable about this. I probably only should pay $500 at the most with an alignment right. Thanks for you help.

I'm in St. Charles, IL. I ordered some Rallitek springs for my 07 GT, I should be getting them on friday. I'm looking for a shop to have them installed. I know you guys are pretty knowledgable about this. I probably only should pay $500 at the most with an alignment right. Thanks for you help.

I know this isn't what you're thinking right now, but is it completely out the question to do it yourself? I just installed coilovers on my wagon using a friend's tools in his driveway, and I have done ZERO work on cars before, I've never even changed my own oil. Sure, it took me a whole day, but I learned a lot and saved hundreds of dollars. Rent a spring compressor from autozone and buy a few wrenches, and all the information you need is elsewhere on these forums.

My input...I have an 06 and attempted to install my Swifts....I had SERIOUS issue removing the rear strut bolts!! Holy Shit! Soooo bad we bagged it and I paid to have it done....do a search on spring installs that may change things...

A shop should not charge you more than 4 hrs. labor....

Rehab is for quitters.

My input...I have an 06 and attempted to install my Swifts....I had SERIOUS issue removing the rear strut bolts!! Holy Shit! Soooo bad we bagged it and I paid to have it done....do a search on spring installs that may change things...

A shop should not charge you more than 4 hrs. labor....

They certainly are on there tight, I used a 2' socket wrench to break the nut loose and then hammered a wrench around, bracing the bolt head from rotating with another wrench against a block of wood. There are only two of them though.

4 hours of labor is insane, with air tools and a lift this could be done in less than an hour by one experienced person.

take me less than an hour to do 4 springs on jack stands with air tools.

because your the Subaru Master! *I'm sure working at the dealer might contribute a bit to your speedy work! ;) I could do it in about 1 1/2 hours

not really. aside from the tight bolts one might encounter doing the install, the lgt struts are some of the easiest ones ive enver done. in fact, if you can jack up the car up reasonably high, you can take the rear struts out easily without even taking off the rear wheels.

not really. aside from the tight bolts one might encounter doing the install, the lgt struts are some of the easiest ones ive enver done. in fact, if you can jack up the car up reasonably high, you can take the rear struts out easily without even taking off the rear wheels.

yeah the MKIII golf and Jetta are like that too...

Archived