LegacyGT.com

Cel with no codes ?

Rester5350

My CEL came on tonight after ten minutes of easy driving. I went home plugged in the AP and there are no code but the light is still on.:confused:

So I pulled a memory snapshot and it wont open on my computer .For some reason it wants to play as a media file and comes up unreadable. WTF I just ordered an etune yesterday!!!:spin: Any one have any experience with this?

My CEL came on tonight after ten minutes of easy driving. I went home plugged in the AP and there are no code but the light is still on.:confused:

So I pulled a memory snapshot and it wont open on my computer .For some reason it wants to play as a media file and comes up unreadable. WTF I just ordered an etune yesterday!!!:spin: Any one have any experience with this?

Hi. Sorry for your troubles. You won't be able to make any sense out of the memory snapshot - it is a raw dump of RAM and only for use by our engineers. However, you can post it here and I can see what the issue is with the code. Feel free to rename the file extension if needed in order to post it.

Bill

Hi. Sorry for your troubles. You won't be able to make any sense out of the memory snapshot - it is a raw dump of RAM and only for use by our engineers. However, you can post it here and I can see what the issue is with the code. Feel free to rename the file extension if needed in order to post it.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I will post it after work tonight.

I think I might have got it, hopefully this works.

That worked. The bad news is that the ram dump is not complete - something on our end with this particular function. So I am not able to determine what code is being set. Can you take the car to a local auto parts store like Autozone and get the code read? They will often read the code for free. Then I can determine why the AccessPORT is not reading your code and get that fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bill

I started my car on friday night and no cel :). This morning when it started the cel was flashing. I took it to a local auto parts place and they couldnt find any codes either, pending or active. After shutting the car off and restarting the cel was gone. The car ran fine with the light on, no noticeable difference. I did remove my heat shield that was rattling so maybe that will help. Has anyone seen a flashing cel, any experts out there want to chime in?:spin:

I started my car on friday night and no cel :). This morning when it started the cel was flashing. I took it to a local auto parts place and they couldnt find any codes either, pending or active. After shutting the car off and restarting the cel was gone. The car ran fine with the light on, no noticeable difference. I did remove my heat shield that was rattling so maybe that will help. Has anyone seen a flashing cel, any experts out there want to chime in?:spin:

Flashing CEL means a misfire. Doesn't always result in a permanent diagnostic trouble code.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
The heat shield had been altered and the passenger side could not be bolted down. The two bolts on the motor side were in, so on startup the movement from the engine caused the heat shield to rattle. It started shortly after the hs was installed and stopped emediatly after removal. Sounded horrible at a stop. The battery is a relatively new optima red top.

Archived