LegacyGT.com

To spec B or not to B..that is the question??

I’m looking at two cars a 2008 LGT 5spd and a 2007 Spec.B for the wife. Both vehicles are very clean and completely stock . The Spec.B has 20k less miles but its an extra $6k over the 08. I know the Spec.B is the unicorn of the Legacys but Is it worth the extra $6k? My wife had a 2006 stage 2 STi that she loved to drive but hated the extra attention. As far as future mods we might consider bring the power up with stage 2 on which ever legacy we choose. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Having one of each. I enjoy driving the Spec B, overall, very refined car compared to the 05 wagon.

The extra 6 grand may be a bit high.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The 05's have been said to be more raw then the later GT's. Granted my wagon has 160K miles on it.

The Spec has nicer seats, the nav system, better suspension, radio controls on the wheel. It's much quieter inside then the wagon. Now I do remember saying that about the wagon when it was new, but that didn't last as long as the Spec which has 42K miles.

On my DD to work I do say to myself, this car still drives nicely for 160K, but over the weekend we took the Spec to NJ on the 3 hour drive.

If I didn't have the Spec, I would have taken the wagon to NJ over her 08 Ford Escape.

May be its the 18" wheels that help it to ride better over the same roads. I'll find out in a few weeks after the Koni's and Epic's go on the wagon.

The 6 speed tranny is much better shifting also.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

6k more as said above for 20k less miles may be a bit steep but I have not seen the car. Dealers wont budge much on a specB as they are more rare than a regular LGT also.

I havent seen either car but go for the specB in the end it should hold value better but thats just my .02 cents and im bias

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Didn't the 07 spec.b have the blue interior inserts? barf. 08 and 09 spec.b have the correct all black interior :p

anyways it's up to you if the upgraded suspension, navigation(if not equipped in the other GT you are looking at) and the 6 speed plus better rear diff. and less miles are worth 6 grand. I think it is. Plus you can be all snooty about it as well haha.

I would of bought an spec b if there was one when I was looking, if there's one for sale and locally, I would get it a.s.a.p.

Top of the line with upgraded parts and a 6spd with fewer miles

6k more is a little high but not too much but I'll still get it anyways

You'll be glad you did when going 70mph+

Wish I had a spec but

• I Donated
I would of bought an spec b if there was one when I was looking, if there's one for sale and locally, I would get it a.s.a.p.

Top of the line with upgraded parts and a 6spd with fewer miles

6k more is a little high but not too much but I'll still get it anyways

You'll be glad you did when going 70mph+

Wish I had a spec but

The RPMs in 6th on a Spec.B are not that much lower than the RPMs in 5th on a regular 5MT LGT...

I would have to know actual mileage figures and prices for both cars to say which one sounds better. FWIW, I got my 07 Spec.B with 61k mi for $17k. Much higher than that and I'd try to talk them down -- no way a 6-year-old Subaru is worth $20k+, even with low miles.

Mine came Cobb protuned, spt exhaust, Invidia catted DP, Cobb sf intake, full sways, Perrin stout mounts, lateral links, short throw, strut bar, shroud, rotora bbk and alot more plus most of the stock parts.

Thanks Chris and RIP

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

6k more sounds like a lot initially but think of it this way, the 6spd is almost 75% of that a lone. If you were to swap a 5spd car you are going to spend roughly 3-4k pretty easy. Plus it has all the other features nav, bilsteins, alcantara interior, rarity. I am biased but I think are worth the extra coin to an extent.

Spec B. They're rarer, better inside, and you've got the six-speed. And you're getting a car with less miles.

If one of these things were missing, I'd say hold off. But all the elements are there, so the 6k price difference is justified.

And on a side note, your wife is awesome for driving a Stage 2 STI :p

I paid 23k for my 08 with 29k miles in October of 2011. I almost bought an 06 LGT a couple years prior to getting my spec.B and honestly I think it was worth the wait.

Sounds about right. Think I paid 26 for mine in nov 2010 with 18k on it. Stage 2 plus Oem parts and a set of new winters.

Archived