LegacyGT.com

Grom Audio Install. Aux Enable short ?

FroGuidO

Hello,

I am trying to install a Grom Audio USB on my 2009 legacy.

Here is a picture of the same HU I have. It's a DVD player.

The USB adapter connect to the black port on the top middle. So far I understand, it's the satelitte port. The Grom adapter is emulating CDC and comes with a 'y' cable so that you can connect back whatever was connected to the port. In my case, nothing.

When I connected the Grom adapter to the HU, I know it works for I could reflash it's firmware and I can connect my phone to it via bluetooth. But I don't have any option on my HU that give me acces to the (emulated) CDC.

I read once about the pinout of the HU from this thread and noticed the required short to enable AUX in.

Does anybody know if enabling the AUX in could give me access to the (emulated) CDC ?

No, that won't help. The HU's aux input is completely independent from the CD changer port.

If the Grom USB adapter is not working, that likely means your nav HU is not compatible. Grom's product page only lists these models:

• GX-806EF2
  • GX-201JE
  • GX-201LE
  • GX-201LH
  • GX-203JE
  • GX-204LE
  • P-206 UNB

You should contact Grom, give them your HU's model number (Kenwood FZDA...), and ask whether their adapter should work.

• 1 month later...
Thank you, but how do I know wich model I have. I haven't seen any number on the HU. Is it supposed to be a sticker ?

Yes, there is a manufacture's sticker on the top with the Kenwood and Subaru model numbers.

781889520_2009LegacyEDMsatnavmodelnumberlabel.thumb.jpg.43e92dea498a7ef769589f9ac325c505.jpg

Several OEM HU models (Kenwood integrated satnav, McIntosh, a few others) don't have a short model number printed on the front.

Thank you,

I'll check for the sticker next time I remove the HU. However, I contacted GROM and they sent me a special firmware to try to dump some info from the HU. I don't know if we'll manage to make this work, but for sure their customer support is effective.

Archived