LegacyGT.com

What is the Best Stereo?

I have a Subaru legacy Gt sedan 98

and the speakers are fine but the 80 watt stereo

has no power

i think i am looking for something more than 120 watts

I am looking for 200 watts probably also with a aux in and sub output to

Does any body have suggestions?

I put an Alpine in mine with ipod integration. Then I replaced the speakers with Boston Acoustics. Stock subwoofer. If I can't get my LGT running again I will definately be ripping the system out and taking it with me.

^^^ +1 to to the FoCals . I miss mine everyday I drive the Subie. I had a full set (f+R Components running on a Soundstream Class A 50*4) in my Acura and have yet to hear better sound staging.

It depends on your budget. For really high end ones, go for Dynaaudio or McIntosh.

Clarion or Alpine get my vote for sub $300 system. I like Clarion's tunes a bit better, but I don't like their recent models.

One tip.... do your upgrade one at a time to minimize overkill. If you're happy with only a head unit change, why bother changing the speakers.

Sound system upgrade is a neverending deal. What most people don't realize is that most people's ears will get used to whatever quality they listen to after several weeks.

.If you only change the head unit Alpine is a smart choice . They offer decent power and features such as Crossover adjustaility (12-18 & 24 db per octave ) time alignment and eq enough to keep most people happy. This applies to the low level RCA outs but also the internal speaker outs as well. You could easily use the heads own internal power to run the front and rears and do a separate amp and sub for the lows. Later upgrades could be done but it might suffice for your ears. And yes changing the speakers (mainly just the fronts) will help the sound especially if you use an efficient coaxial setup preferably with angled tweets and do sound deadening on the doors (see the posts on the audio section of this site).

dude, the speakers are fine for the 80w stereo. But, they aren't any good beyond that. I've only got a WRX headunit, and the speakers are overwhelmed IMHO. But, then again, I don't know too much about this audio stuff, just kinda what sounds good.

• 6 months later...

Archived