LegacyGT.com

door rattle (passenger side)

robust

i get a rattle when driving and is very evident when i turn bassy music up.

it alleviates it if i pull towards the driver side on the door panel while driving :p . anyone experience this and find a culprit before i start tearing apart my door?

robust,

Check your passenger's side seat-belt "clip" - the actual part that "plugs in." :)

I've found that when my wifey rides in the car, she sometimes leaves the belt in a weird position - just off enough so that the "clip" hits against the b-pillar. Rattles like crazy!

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

i've had that happen too. this isnt quite as apparent as that rattle. if the radio's not causing it, it is pretty slight. but enough so that it annoys me.

and when the stereos up, which it usually is, it's horrible.

I had the same buzzing rattle. Fixed it. Pulled the door trim panel loose at the rear. If you look in there you'll see a metal bracket holding the trim panel together, I think this may be the source. Any way I stuffed a 3 inch square 1 inch thick piece of foam and reclipped the back of the trim panel back on and no more rattle.

• 8 months later...
I had the same buzzing rattle. Fixed it. Pulled the door trim panel loose at the rear. If you look in there you'll see a metal bracket holding the trim panel together' date=' I think this may be the source. Any way I stuffed a 3 inch square 1 inch thick piece of foam and reclipped the back of the trim panel back on and no more rattle.[/quote']

Would you mind explaining that a little more? Car idiot here. I should open the door, look towards the rear of the door, and pull the door panel off towards the back? How, without bending it?

Thanks.

have to ask this...

is there anything in your door pocket? my wife sneaks all sorts of crap in there, and it rattles like a blown speaker until i clean it out.

dR

+1

otherwise, pull the panel off. it's REALLY easy.

• 1 month later...

Archived