LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Cams

Th3Franz

Any tuning suggestions for improving how the engine runs at low load / idle with aftermarket cams? I'm running GSC S1 cams. During warmup enrichment and idle at 1500 RPM it purrs. Once it reaches operating temp and idle drops to 1000 RPM the engine runs rough. I'm running the same amount of ignition timing and AVCS as before. I'm going to add a few degrees of ignition timing and drop the AVCS to zero and see where that gets me. Any input is appreciated

Hmm crickets so far. Well here's what I'm trying:

Rescaled DBW throttle plate position to run a minimum of 3% at 0 accelerator pedal angle.

Increased base idle timing by 2 degrees

Dropped AVCS to 1 degree at idle RPM and low load.

Didn't flash these changes yet, planning on that tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
Most of the time the AVCS wont move much at idle due to the loweroil pressure. To make it run smooth down low, you must up idle speed and there are certain idle airflow parameters that will prevent low rpm dip, etc inherent with a high flow cam / low airflow (erratic vacuum) condition.

Yup ID1000's scaled properly. :)

I started using the idle air flow / stability definitions for ECUFlash and it's helping. Now, if I can just get to the bottom of why the passenger side cam sensor is reading 54 degrees advance most of the time at idle. It read 0-1 like it should on one occasion since doing the new build.

• 1 month later...

Archived